Reebok Alien Stompers (Ripley's sneakers from Aliens) re-release

So it's hard to give a yes/no answer. Yeah, whatever. Insert rollingeyefacethingymajig. In what world do you live in where two pairs is only one pair.

Errmmmm, if each pair is different, then that equals ONE pair of each. Is that difficult to understand?

Also, no, I don't buy to sell, I buy because I collect, I've made that quite plain throughout this thread, but just for you, here it is again.

I'm quite aware of what an 'analogy' is, but thanks for the remedial education. It is, however, laughable that you can make a comparison between the buyers / sellers of these shoes & those who hike up the cost of food or medicines for the sick. It's really not a level playing field, however if you choose to believe that it is, that's entirely your right to do so.

As previously mentioned, one of the gentlemen who currently has his shoes on eBay, actually bought the shoes for a true Aliens fan as is card was declined at payment. Those are hardly the actions of a soulless human being, which everyone here is suggesting that all resellers are.

No problem with helping you with your education as you seemed not to understand the comparison. You still seem to be struggling but keep working on it. Also your one example of a kind hearted buyer does not absolve them all.

The simple truth here is that a large number of people bought these just to turn them around for a quick mega profit. Not because they are shoe collectors and not because they are Aliens fans but just to make money at others' expense. By doing so because of the nature of this limited edition release those same people denied true shoe collectors and true Aliens fans the opportunity of getting them, so double jeopardy.

Nobody is accusing everyone who got these of being scalpers and to those who are not good luck to them, but clearly from the eBay auctions a large number are and they are the people (and Reebok) true fans are angry with.

What I really cannot understand is why you are struggling so hard to try to explain or justify those people's actions.

No problem with helping you with your education as you seemed not to understand the comparison. You still seem to be struggling but keep working on it. Also your one example of a kind hearted buyer does not absolve them all.

The simple truth here is that a large number of people bought these just to turn them around for a quick mega profit. Not because they are shoe collectors and not because they are Aliens fans but just to make money at others' expense. By doing so because of the nature of this limited edition release those same people denied true shoe collectors and true Aliens fans the opportunity of getting them, so double jeopardy.

Nobody is accusing everyone who got these of being scalpers and to those who are not good luck to them, but clearly from the eBay auctions a large number are and they are the people (and Reebok) true fans are angry with.

What I really cannot understand is why you are struggling so hard to try to explain or justify those people's actions.

It wasn't so much a misunderstanding of the comparison, more so that the comparison was so extreme that it became obsurd. However, many thanks again for the petty remarks that always seem to raise their head on this forum.

Now, if we can put the digs aside... I'm not struggling to justify their actions, it irritates me however, that all resellers are put under the same umbrella. Again, for the record, I am not a reseller & have bought items in the past that I've paid much more for than I would like to, unfortunately, this is life as you have quite correctly stated.

If I couldn't get this shoe, would I have been annoyed? Very slightly, but I would have accepted it as the case & as someone mentioned at the very top of the thread, potentially bought at a later date when all the hype had settled. I don't have an issue with the majority of the feelings on here, it is frustrating & I was super lucky this time.

I genuinely agree with the majority of what you have said, but when I see people being directly abused & called all sorts of offensive names, that's where I draw the line. im sure you'll agree that inciting abuse at people, as some have done on here, is unacceptable.

Bottom line, everyone needs to relax. It's not going to change.

Right, I'm going back to work, I do sincerely hope that all of you get your shoes at some point, just don't give yourself grey hairs over it! It's not worth the stress.

Dude, read your own quote about you not knowing anyone who got more than one pair. Dude, just bail out and flip yours for profit, since the answer to my easy question was a yes or no answer.

Because he managed to have them x) I'm sure he'd be annoyed as much as us if he couldn't get a pair at the shop... But then, maybe he can afford £500 pair of shoes x)

Emma, I was lucky to acquire them at this price. I've seen the vastness of your BTTF prop collection, I'm in no better position than you with regards to cash flow. We all choose to spend our money on different things, if that's what we choose to do then each to their own.

Have a great day!

Emma, I was lucky to acquire them at this price. I've seen the vastness of your BTTF prop collection, I'm in no better position than you with regards to cash flow. We all choose to spend our money on different things, if that's what we choose to do then each to their own.

Have a great day!

yeah, most of my collection are cheap objects, and for the expensive ones, I actually was making payment plans.. You can ask everybody I bought expensive objects from, there's probably not a single one I bought straight on. I would have the genuine Nike Mags if I was in better position ;)

yeah, most of my collection are cheap objects, and for the expensive ones, I actually was making payment plans.. You can ask everybody I bought expensive objects from, there's probably not a single one I bought straight on. I would have the genuine Nike Mags if I was in better position ;)

All I spend my money on is shoes, also, I bought them a long time ago from a friend who gave me a good deal. Never would I buy them now at today's prices.

All I spend my money on is shoes, also, I bought them a long time ago from a friend who gave me a good deal. Never would I buy them now at today's prices.

Fair enough Nicky, I'm actually glad you got a pair, it' good to know it's going to a fellow collector, and I understand your point being that maybe these "scalpers" need money for more important things, but all we're saying is that it is just not fair for real fans to take advantage of them. Some people definitely have the money to buy expensive sneakers, but then, you got the other people who are just bummed about the situation. But then, they are just pair of shoes, but aren't we all materialistic ^^

It wasn't so much a misunderstanding of the comparison, more so that the comparison was so extreme that it became obsurd. However, many thanks again for the petty remarks that always seem to raise their head on this forum.

Now, if we can put the digs aside... I'm not struggling to justify their actions, it irritates me however, that all resellers are put under the same umbrella. Again, for the record, I am not a reseller & have bought items in the past that I've paid much more for than I would like to, unfortunately, this is life as you have quite correctly stated.

If I couldn't get this shoe, would I have been annoyed? Very slightly, but I would have accepted it as the case & as someone mentioned at the very top of the thread, potentially bought at a later date when all the hype had settled. I don't have an issue with the majority of the feelings on here, it is frustrating & I was super lucky this time.

I genuinely agree with the majority of what you have said, but when I see people being directly abused & called all sorts of offensive names, that's where I draw the line. im sure you'll agree that inciting abuse at people, as some have done on here, is unacceptable.

Bottom line, everyone needs to relax. It's not going to change.

Right, I'm going back to work, I do sincerely hope that all of you get your shoes at some point, just don't give yourself grey hairs over it! It's not worth the stress.

I understand what you are saying and where you are coming from and I agree with a lot of what you have written, I just wished you had not made your own petty remark before suggesting we "put the digs aside". Still as you say what's done is done and no use worrying too much about it. The real frustration should be directed at Reebok for creating expectations they had no intention of meeting, but that's marketing for you!

Been doing some heavy scouring onto Shoes forums (wtf crazy how many there are), google searches, and even made a Twitter to look around there. From what I've been reading, Extra Butter and Rock City Kicks are saying they are still expecting shipments later in the week. So keep an eye on those two. You can even read Extra Butter's convo regarding the situation. Apparently their shipment is still on the way but they never received them on the 26th. I messaged Extra Butter about if they will get the Mids in, waiting on a reply. This is a cluster**** tbh,

But that's the best I've ran across, keep a eye on those two. I could buy from a scalper easily but it's the principle. I do not want to give them that pleasure. Thought I'd report back here because we're all on the same boat here. Apologies if this info has already been said,

I just had to write a complaint to them when they sent me a "Hey don't forget to complete your order" email.

The simple fact is your cart screwed dozens of people from completing your order by not being able to finalize purchase to an event you should have known was going to be huge from the get-go, let alone the sheer short sightedness of only 426 pairs. That is unmitigated stupidity on the part of marketing.

Take all the steps you want, I will no longer purchase anything made by reebok or is reebok branded. The only way you can redeem yourself in the public opinion is to go back on your "we will not produce anymore" and produce a significant quantity to offset everybody you have screwed over.

Sincerely,
Now Nike Supporter

On Apr 27, 2016, at 10:23 AM, "reebokcare@cs.reebok.com" <reebokcare@cs.reebok.com> wrote:

servlet.ImageServer
Good Afternoon Lowell,
Thank you for contacting us in regards to your recent purchase attempt of the Alien Stompers at Reebok.com. As a result of the overwhelming demand, we oversold in all sizes and are not able to fulfill your order at this time. There are no current plans for an additional release of the Stompers.

We are very sorry for this and have been taking the necessary steps to prevent this in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 1-866-870-1743 from 8AM to 8PM EST Monday - Friday, or Saturday and Sunday from 11AM to 7PM EST, and a customer service representative would be happy to assist you further.
Kind Regards,
Lisa

I just had to write a complaint to them when they sent me a "Hey don't forget to complete your order" email.

The simple fact is your cart screwed dozens of people from completing your order by not being able to finalize purchase to an event you should have known was going to be huge from the get-go, let alone the sheer short sightedness of only 426 pairs. That is unmitigated stupidity on the part of marketing.

Take all the steps you want, I will no longer purchase anything made by reebok or is reebok branded. The only way you can redeem yourself in the public opinion is to go back on your "we will not produce anymore" and produce a significant quantity to offset everybody you have screwed over.

Sincerely,
Now Nike Supporter
On Apr 27, 2016, at 10:23 AM, "reebokcare@cs.reebok.com" <reebokcare@cs.reebok.com> wrote:

https://adidas.my.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=01520000002ecDh&oid=00D20000000mJS8
Good Afternoon Lowell,
Thank you for contacting us in regards to your recent purchase attempt of the Alien Stompers at Reebok.com. As a result of the overwhelming demand, we oversold in all sizes and are not able to fulfill your order at this time. There are no current plans for an additional release of the Stompers.

We are very sorry for this and have been taking the necessary steps to prevent this in the future.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone at 1-866-870-1743 from 8AM to 8PM EST Monday - Friday, or Saturday and Sunday from 11AM to 7PM EST, and a customer service representative would be happy to assist you further.
Kind Regards,
Lisa

Omg, it's so much bull****!!! I asked them if they thought there might be another release, and they literally answered the opposite of what they sent you....:

Dear Emma,

thank you for contacting Reebok Customer Care. We appreciate your interest in the Alien Stomper!

Please be kindly informed that these shoes are very popular and they were sold out in matter of minutes. The demand was extremely high and the supply was limited. I am sure that there will be next release however, such date is not disclosed yet.

Please follow us on reebok.co.uk and on social media as next release will be posted there.

Should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Mario
Reebok Customer Care Team

I also raised my concerns at how badly this has been handled by Reebok. Their reply is printed below. Very polite and they even state that if they had any left they would send me some as compensation, but then again if I had udders I would be a cow! :rolleyes

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Dear John,

thank you for your reply.

I completely understand your point of view and I can assure you that your feedback was escalated to our higher management and it will be taken under consideration.

As much as I would like to help you in this matter, this was a very limited edition and we do not have any pair left. If we did I would make sure that you receive them as a compensation.

Should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,
Mario
Reebok Customer Care Team

Privacy policy

© 2015 adidas International Trading BV, Hoogoorddreef 9a, 1101 BA Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

What I don't get is they KNOW these will sell.

They KNOW there is a demand for them, why not do a limited run of say 6 months to a year.

I think they've pissed off enough people world wide so nobody will care if they do.

Of course that's depending on what lie they tell you regarding whether they will or they won't ever do them again.

Guess what, 4/26 happens every year. They'll do it again.

I'd really like to boycott Reebok, but let's be honest, nobody was buying anything from them these days anyway. This seems like it was meant to be a publicity stunt to get people to pay attention to them again, but instead it might have been the last huge mistake by a dying company.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back