Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon Conversion

yeah,spot on with the docking ring.i've done what junkpilot said.i've only done the port side ring but it's now glued in place and looks pretty good

Thanks guys!

I'm not so concerned about super-accuracy. I just want it to look right and be "accurate enough."

I'm sure there's a lot of inaccuracies that I'm not aware of, so they don't really bother me. (I almost don't want to learn more about the MF for that reason, lol) But I'm aware of the ones I listed, so I kinda have to fix them.

I spent a few more hrs cutting and trimming today. I actually like the inside quite a bit, so I trimmed about 10mm off a bunch of interior walls so that hopefully I can keep it all in while still reducing the height.

I'm very, very new to modelling, but on the other hand, I'm pretty handy, so we'll see what happens...

I'll see if I can post pics tomorrow!

same here,not going for super accuracy.about 80% of the kit parts i'm using are generic parts that resemble the original kit parts but i was lucky enough to get castings of the entex parts and the grills on the rear deck that plus i bought a bunch of relevant tamiya kits but didn't go overboard with it, so some nice accurate kit parts will be peppered throughout the model.

Are they Cory's Entex castings you got as well? They're top notch. And like you I'll just get the main parts then settle on everything else. I've got some of the easily found Airfix kits, a couple of Roco Gepards, parts from the Tamiya Matilda which are so prominent as well as the F1 parts for the mandible end caps.

Great stuff everybody. I thought I was the only person nuts enough to consider doing this, and stumbled across this site. I may well however be even slightly more bonkers. I am going to attempt a conversion of the BMF, including a full internals rebuild. To scale. Yes, I am barking, no I have no idea how feasible this might be. I have a potential starting point however, I have seen a few 3d models of some elements, and will be producing some myself through 3d printing. These will be built to the appropriate scale, I think I will be base the innards off the DK interior design, with minor adjustments. Oh and I want it lighted. Throughout. Yes I told you completely nuts. Fortunately I have plenty of spare time, and if the girlfriend ever realises what I will spend my nights doing possibly more lol. I am not necessarily going super accurate though, just enough for it to be passable.

Fundamentally I am a Star Wars geek, I do worry that it may take me years to do, however, haha.

Just a side note some people were asking about 1/45-1/53 size scale figures? Take a look at the Star Wars Miniatures range of figures, these are collectibles no longer in production, but you can find 100's on ebay and on the internet, strictly peaking they are 34mm gaming figures, but should match the scale, are reasonable priced, and detailed enough. I have loads to be honest, and it is the main reason I considered making the Millennium falcon for my little girls. I want a to scale size falcon they can play with.

Oh and yes my excuse for putting in 3 hours per night, and spending my hard earned cash? Yes you read that right, my little girls (one is 3, one is 8). The 8 yo loves Star Wars, has loads of the comics (clone wars and legacy, etc) and every film and probably has read more about the series than I have. I will gradually convert my youngest too :). To be honest I have sleep issues, and don't go to bed until 2-3am, and I am up at 6-7. My gf goes to bed at 10-11 so as you can see I will have plenty of hours to put in to it!. Wondering if anyone has ideas on good greeblies and tank models to buy?

Personally, I'm going for the original kits used on the ILM ship. If you want good greeblies hit the WWII german armour kits and flak guns, even the 1/600 or 1/700 ships from Airfix and Tamiya.

I'm limiting the use of these kits to strictly the side walls as this cuts down on the number of kits greatly although I will be rebuilding the jaw boxes as well so I will need greeblies here too.

Thanks guys for this great thread. I've got a BMF on the way, and I've gotten some great ideas. Not quite sure how far I'm wanting to go, but this'll be a fun project. Don't know if i'll cut the sidewalls down, since that may prolong it a little further than I want right now. Still working on a pinball machine, so I'll be splitting my time.

I might run some extra/modified lights, I had a fun time on the B-wing I did as a first attempt at painting & modifying a hasbro ship.
1.JPGIMG_2623.JPG

I might save the idea of a "Super-accurate" Falcon for when i see that new version coming out in a couple months. And also bear this in mind: Since the Falcon is in the upcoming movie, don't think that there won't be a new, modified BMF version 2 :D

What have you done exactly with the legacy MF? Because this looks VERY COOL! :)

kuzushi, I agree with junk pilot. The sidewall height is a must. I did this project once before and did not change the height and regretted it and subsequently sold it. My latest build I lowered the height and it makes a world of difference. I reused a lot of the side wall pieces and cast some, such as the transmission parts, because the originals off the toy are either much too big or non existent ie the cockpit side. I was able to turn my mandibles in a little, but was a struggle due to the jaw boxes. I would say reducing the turret window is a must also. When you reduce the sidewalls it is a little tricky to do the docking hatch on the cockpit side. I did keep some of the original sounds of the toy (the ones i liked), but then wired engine, cockpit, and head lights separately to their own power source which I keep in the escape pod hatch. Mine is almost done. I just need to finish the cockpit interior which I've been struggling for motivation.
View attachment 224625

I still have it sitting front and center in my room with all my other collectibles. Depending on how the conversion turns out with the new Millennium Falcon that comes out in October, I may sell it because I only have so much room.

What have you done exactly with the legacy MF? Because this looks VERY COOL! :)

Hi, Booyotch - I'd advise you not to touch the BMF and just preserve it for its value. It looks like you have the necessary skills but the cockpit on the new one just looks so good and with no innards to worry about and no walls to cut down looks like an easier mod. Cannons are already there too in the right size. A paintjob and greeblies might be enough to turn it into a real eye-catcher.

Lemme ask you guys this: would you call the Falcon's "original", fresh from the factory color a light-light-light grey? Or is the true color a slightly off-white standard ship color that has been weathered with the grime of a thousand escapes?

Crackerjack, I think you're right (IRT cutting it). For me, right now, cutting a BMF up just isn't in the cards for me. What's been done in this thread has blown my mind and has given me lots of ideas, but I need to be realistic about what I have the time/space for. We're moving to Nashville soon, and I wanted something to work on while I prep our house to sell. I think shaving some parts, removing others and re-greebleing the BMF it would make for a great, fun project. A nice, custom BMF sounds like fun.

I'm 110% sure that Hasbro will re-release the Legacy Falcon in some way. Too much went into it to not bring it back out, especially for the new movie.

I like the look of your B-Wing. I wish there were more conversions of this ship.

Thanks! This one was fun, completely broke it down, wired it and hid the power jack so it likes like it belongs to the ship. then i built out the cockpit with 28 separate pieces, some metal, ceramic and glass.
It was more of a lark, I mostly do scratchbuilt stuff of all kinds.
IMG_2668.JPG

Last edited:
I just got one at a garage sale for $40. Missing the radar dish and landing gear, but all the electronics works and , and, and I want to tear it open like yesterday!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back