Ghost In the shell props?

I have the "heavy weight" version of the gun with wood grips and they look pretty nice. The checkering is different, but it's nicely cut and figured.

Yours looks pretty close to the real one, though.

photo20large.jpg

It's more of the diamond size that ticks me off being a hobbyist in gun stock making. They got it spot on with the plastic version at 18 LPI but the material they used is prone to cracking with age and exposure to green gas as mine eventually did. Then on the wooden version they drastically changed it to around 10 LPI whereas on real guns even 14 LPI is considered unusually large. They also changed the orientation of the diamonds to vertical, matching the real 2006M whereas on the M2007 it's leaning parallel to the grip.

Any knowledge of where I could get a kit for a Mateba 6 Unica or a replica M2007? I would rather not modify a $300 airsoft gun.

Thank you!

Any knowledge of where I could get a kit for a Mateba 6 Unica or a replica M2007? I would rather not modify a $300 airsoft gun.

Thank you!

If it doesn't have to fire anything, Poseidon still makes M2008 resin kits. They're cheap enough at ¥12,600 (roughly $110) but don't sell internationally. For that you'd need one of those middle men services common in Japan which would bring up the price a bit.

fingerscanner.jpg

HI everyone, first time poster here.
I just wanted to share my recent model of the Finger scanner from the film designed by Maciej Kuciara. The prop auction photos helped a lot in reverse engineering this thing.
Will keep updating as I plan to bring this out into the physical world.

Well, I did some bidding in several of the auctions for the GITS screen used props. Didn't win anything, but it was fun! Maybe next time.

Hi! I thought that I'd register here to ask a question regards to a technique used to make a prop for the GitS movie (not the anime). The prop was on the Tested episode showing some of the props from the movie.

I wonder if anyone here has any clues to what to put into Google to find more information on the technique used to make this (yes the plastic card)?

I guess some of it must have been laminated like what happens with ID cards and maybe some reflective foil for the smaller details? Printing, silk screening? Not sure.

I'm quite surprised that there ain't a subforum for prop making techniques, or maybe I just have bad eyesight..

Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back