Ghost In the shell props?

I am currently in the process of scratch building Sapporo, a 1/5 scale R/C
controlled Tachikoma. When he is done he'll be about 18" tall.

I've been having fun figuring out what parts to buy and techniques to use
in the build. The inner structural elements are laser cut 1/8" masonite, and
the skin is currently metallic blue art paper laminated to poster-board, also
cut via laser cutter. All of the base modeling is being done in Lightwave 3D,
then sent through Pepakura to create the vector artwork for generating
either the skeleton for the inner masonite support structure, as well as the
shapes that create the paper/posterboard skin.

I was planning on using Mecanum wheels direct mounted on mini-metal
gearmotors, VEX electronic speed controllers, and standard R/C
transmitter/receiver electronics. After some field testing, I've so far managed
to fry one of the motors, and have determined that for now the mecanum
wheels will have to be set aside for standard wheels. The current chassis has
too much flex in the legs, and the design of the mecanums creates too much
extra rolling friction for the torque available from the current motors that are
being used.

Some build photos are on my flickr account here:
R/C Tachikoma - a set on Flickr

Hardsuit, you should make a build thread on your Tachikoma! I love those, I have a small army of them on my desk :)

I'd certainly follow to see your progress.

So I was watching Continuum and noticed that the soldiers in Episode 3 were all using Seburo Ikazuchi's.

(Likely the airsoft version also know as the "thundermaul" and not an original kit)

I'm a huge fan of the cyberpunk anime/manga series Ghost in the shell and i was wondering if anyone had ever made any props from it. Once i get better at fabricating i want to get a dummy and set it up to look like a full body cyborg getting ready to have the spinal column and brain installed like in the manga and anime. If i like how it looks I may see if someone can machine the parts out of plastic and metal to make them look accurate.
Weirds me out how everyone's talking weapons...IMHO, the guns were the least interesting part of the show!

I would love to have a workroom filled with disassembled cyber-body parts, or the massive metal "faceplate" the Major uses to get online. (Afraid I don't actually know the name of the thing.)

^
If you're not a firearms enthusiast then it really won't leave much of an impression. Plus guns in general take much less space than a cybernetic body or Tachikoma.

Better pics of the M22.
IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

Weirds me out how everyone's talking weapons...IMHO, the guns were the least interesting part of the show!

I would love to have a workroom filled with disassembled cyber-body parts, or the massive metal "faceplate" the Major uses to get online. (Afraid I don't actually know the name of the thing.)

The weapons in the show and in the films are not terribly complicated to scratch build, and that seburo look and style is attractive. Makes for a nice looking prop in the hand.

But, I agree that when it come to cyberpunk there is so much more than weapons to appreciate. So does this girl over on deviant art too.

ghost_in_the_shell_motoko_by_an09-d5cybp9.jpg

Working on a brand new R/C Tachikoma build. I'm going to start a separate thread on it as I plan to do a full build long on it as I go along.

Attachments

• 13185958464_28ca8cfc54_c.jpg
    13185958464_28ca8cfc54_c.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 13077079744_dcbf7607ee_c.jpg
    13077079744_dcbf7607ee_c.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 13076889193_a7587286c0_c.jpg
    13076889193_a7587286c0_c.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 13185762813_c104fd6d73_c.jpg
    13185762813_c104fd6d73_c.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 267
  • 13076769855_7150bc3d77_c.jpg
    13076769855_7150bc3d77_c.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 327
  • 13185656045_9b93f6e84f_c.jpg
    13185656045_9b93f6e84f_c.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 329
Roughly 1/4 scale. 30" wide, 30" tall, 34" long. Basically as big as I can make him and still have him fit through the average doorway under remote control.

I've got an original Poseidon M5 I'd be willing to part with (unpainted, as new), but if you are in the US I would have to send it by International Economy, which can take up to six weeks, as Royal Mail will not put anything vaguely gun-like on a plane :facepalm

If you are interested, drop me a PM.

I was just talking with someone on line last night about making the opaque wrap around glasses and how it might be possible to vacuum form a transparent thermoplastic and coat the inside with window tinting films for a one way mirror effect. might be fun to put some kind of HUD in them too.

Made a hardwood grip for my Mateba. The one Marushin offers just looks horrible IMO, especially the hackjob checkering. Also pictured is a custom leather pancake holster I made. It's for OWB carry, strong side because carrying a 6" revolver vertically in a SOB is just ridiculous (believe me, I tried).
tumblr_n8w1y16MEA1tf2leqo1_1280.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back