11th Doctor's Shirt

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can't believe this project took over two years! INSANE!!! But at least it's finished:

Smith Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

extra-image-1293.jpg

extra-image-1294.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Last edited:
Sweet. Looking good. I shall be keeping an eye on this.

I was under the impression that the pattern flipped every 2 lines like a mirror though. Maybe I was wrong.

The pattern doesn't quite flip every too lines (it's a bit more random than that), but I think ours does have more uniformity than the original. I'm still working on tweaking this though.

Kind regards,
Indy

Indy, I'm so pleased to see that an 11th Doctor shirt is still in the cards!

I would absolutely drop money today on a burgundy one. Are you planning to do both flavors?

Finally, I realize it's highly unlikely - but is there any chance you'll have any ready by Halloween?

Thanks as always for what you do.

Awesome as always!
I still have some catching up to do - I still never returned my Joker gloves for an exchange and I am really looking to get some 10th doctor wardrobe pieces.
My apologies for going slightly off-topic, but was Tennent's brown suit originally cotton or wool??

Tennant's suit was originally made from cotton.

If you want screen accuracy, go cotton. If you want a hard-wearing everyday suit, go wool.

Are you planning to do both flavors?

Yes, we'll be doing the blue and red versions. As for timing, I just got the latest samples from the factory and there is still some tweaking to be done, so I don't think we'll make it in time for Halloween, unfortunately. I'd rather not rush it...

Kind regards,
Indy

Considering the price of the PS shirts and that we still don't know if they'll be reissuing the navy ones, I think it's still worth it.

I'm pretty sure you can get it custom made in a ladies' fit. You might want to send him an email, or he might respond here.

From what I understand this is a small run for the re-issues anyway so availability will be somewhat scarce once the online shop sells out. After that Magnoli will more or less be the only option out there.

Still going forward with this, in both colors. And don't forget, ours will be made-to-measure, so no matter what your size or shape, you'll get the perfect fit.

Kind regards,
Indy

The latest swatch still needed to be tweaked, so the wait continues. Most likely, the cloth will be ready early November, so the prototype shirt won't be finished until late November/early December. So, if you want a shirt by Christmas, you'll need to order "sight unseen".

Kind regards,
Indy

The Paul Smith official re-Issue of the shirt is nowup for ordering:

Paul Smith Shirt | 'Scroll Stripe' Shirt - Paul Smith UK
Burgandy only. No Navy. Sizes S-XL (XXL sold out right now) According to the size chart it's best to order once size up from what you normally wear. 119 GBP. 23 GBP ($227 USD) shipping to the USA but mordernboy told me this comes out to $196 totall after shipping with a US post code for some reason.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back