$6.96 Thrift Store GOLD - Alden 405

TheRealMcFly

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For years I've wanted a pair of Indy boots. In fact I owned a pair in colllege I bought barely used, but I'd never say they fit that well. My thick winter-socks-friction wore a hole on the inside. :cry These were the newer reddish brown, and I boxed em up. You know how it is when something falls short of your expectations.

Every time I'm in a thrift store I check the shoes. Mainly I'm looking for some old Nike's or Adidas that might be nice around the campfire. Or maybe I'll luck out and find some Roms or red Ace 85s.

Last Friday finally paid off. I'm in west Philadelphia looking right at a pair of Alden 405s, old beat ones. I pick em up and anyone who has owned a pair of these shoes knows how heavy they are... no markings to be found but these are definitely THE boot. Best of all they are the older shade of brown, matching the on screen color of the opening of Raiders. I'm not here to debate color, only to say the older more neutral brown is certainly my preference. The sole and heel has obviously been replaced before, with vibram brand products.

So I take my old ones (in better shape never resoled) with the new ones (thrift store) to a local cobbler who says, these are nice shoes. He's going to do minor work on my first pair, and match the sole and heel back to factory specs on the older brown. In my excitement, I did not snap a single pic but you will get to see them when they are done.

Keep them eyes open RPF brothers and sisters. There is still good stuff out there.:thumbsup

High five! Every time I go into a charity shop, these are one of the items at the back of my mind I hope I'll find. (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back