Got Blasters?

jedidad

Greetings to all,

Long time no post. Just a quick post to bring you up to date on my latest project. I almost had to be commited to an institute after starting this project. I desided to build 10 Rebel Fleet Trooper blasters for the costuming project that the Rebel Legion Sunrider Base members are working on for Comic-Con in San Diego this year. I have finished 5 of the 10 and am well on my way to completing the last 5. Here are some progress photos for you to see. This is my 4th version of this blaster and I am quite happy with this one.
Enjoy,
Brian

hpim3120.jpg

hpim3121.jpg

hpim3133.jpg

blasters.jpg
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg

the_family_of_5_v_4.jpg
right_side_v_4.jpg

left_side_v_4.jpg
grip_right_side_v_4.jpg

grip_left_side_v_4.jpg
barrel_v_4.jpg

awesome job...seems like THE way to go about doing props like this....start a mini assembly line. (with the blueprints laid out and all.)

Those look beautiful. Maybe that's a route I should take instead of shelling out the dough for an MR version. I just want the look, I don't need the exacting accuracy and price of an MR. Great job.

<div class='quotetop'>(Theyrenotdolls @ Jul 5 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1274500[/snapback]</div>
awesome job...seems like THE way to go about doing props like this....start a mini assembly line. (with the blueprints laid out and all.)
[/b]

Wow.

I'm working on an RFT run too. Isn't it wierd how every one is doing this now? Your blasters look great. I've had enought trouble with my one, I can't imagine doing 10.

Good work, they look great.

wow, excellent job.

it's great seeing some effort going into getting groups of standardized RFTs around. it always looks best when the whole gang matches at an event.

Nice work Brian. I really like the new version. I'm working on a MKII version now, and hope to have a solid resin [training gun stuff, Smoothcast 325] in a few weeks myself.

Well done. Can you tell us the paints you used?

Jim

<div class='quotetop'>(jedi_adrian @ Jul 6 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]1275097[/snapback]</div>
Amazing work. what did you use for the clear sight with the red bar inside of it?
[/b]

Unless I'm mistaken, he did what I've done, used the cap from a pump bottle of Cepacol throat spray. Hence my joke above. :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back