The Burbs?

Wow, 6 year bumping a topic but I'm curious if anyone has these or can identify some of Rumsfield's props. Like his boots, yellow cup, and picnic basket. I love this movie.

Rumsfield on Roof.png

Rumsfield Boots.jpg

The boots look like standard issue jungle boots. Third pattern, vibram sole if I had to guess. There's plenty of reproduction boots around.

The boots look like standard issue jungle boots. Third pattern, vibram sole if I had to guess. There's plenty of reproduction boots around.

Thanks.

Also, a prop of that witchcraft book they have in the basement would be great. I know someone around here made that Ninth Gate book which I still need to get. I did some searching and haven't found a replica of the book in the Burbs yet.

Holy zombie thread revival! Apart from reaffirming my love for "The 'Burbs" this thread serves to remind me how much I still want Dr. Klopek's painting prop after 8 years!

Holy zombie thread revival! Apart from reaffirming my love for "The 'Burbs" this thread serves to remind me how much I still want Dr. Klopek's painting prop after 8 years!

When I was a kid, I didn't know what that painting depicted either. It was only recently that I was able to see the image.

I haven't thought about this film in ages. I recall enjoying it as a child and I recall having a crush on the old neighbor's young wife. I don't recall what she looked like or who the actress was, but I recall thinking she was hot. :lol

I haven't thought about this film in ages. I recall enjoying it as a child and I recall having a crush on the old neighbor's young wife. I don't recall what she looked like or who the actress was, but I recall thinking she was hot. :lol

And no tan lines ;). Love that movie to this day and watch it several times a year. Still great fun.

I'm gonna have to go and buy the movie. I haven't seen it in years, but easily my favorite Tom Hanks movie. Dragnet would be a very close second.

Loved Bruce Dern in the Burbs. The entire cast was fantastic, in fact.

Yeah she was hot. Leia in that movie was the perfect wife too putting up with all that crazy stuff.

And no tan lines ;). Love that movie to this day and watch it several times a year. Still great fun.

Rumsfield called that kid a meatball. Which I still need to look up the meaning.

I'm gonna have to go and buy the movie. I haven't seen it in years, but easily my favorite Tom Hanks movie. Dragnet would be a very close second.

Loved Bruce Dern in the Burbs. The entire cast was fantastic, in fact.

It's a perfect horror comedy movie. Waxwork Records is teasing the vinyl soundtrack. I guess they will release it during the October month.

That was Wendy Schaal, most recently doing the voice for Francine Smith on American Dad.

Wakeem, soundtrack on vinyl, you say? That'll be one to check out.

On a somewhat related note, my doctor reminds me of Dr. Klopek. Not quite a dead ringer for Henry Gibson, but strikingly similar. I have a feeling that one of these days he's going to want my skull.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm rewatching this for the millionth time, and I'm looking at the book, The Theory and Practice of Demonology, by Julian Karswell.

No reproductions that I can find, but in checking it out, Julian Karswell is a character from the 1957 horror film Night of the Demon, played by Niall MacGiniss.

Kind of an Easter egg in the Burbs. Watching more closely for any others.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back