District 9 Arc Generator Re-Paint -- Pix

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi, i had to stop myself doing any more painting today otherwise it would be overdone, i added some l.e.d.s to either side to spice it up a little.
paint scheme is just to my own tastes not any particular gun from the movie.
i replicated some alien signage using rub down letraset sheets. (i just made them up)

comments and suggestions welcome

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

thanks for looking

-z

Awesome job Zorg!! The additional decals look great! :thumbsup

Just noticed the LED!! The black areas look great drybrushed!

FB

Brilliant job Zorg, looking good.

Are the LED's functional??

You know i was almost tempted to weather my own, but i've decided i'm not going to, because i would try and get close to what you have achieved, but not manage it, and make a complete pig's ear of it in the process!!!!

Another thought i also had was to etch my name in the D9 font somewhere on the gun itself, either by decal or by hand. I managed to get the D9 font which is really cool, and think it would be a neat touch as your name would be on it, but completely hidden behind the symbols of the font. Just a thought though!!!

thanks, there are 6 leds in total, 2 big red either side an 2 small white ones below each red, they are non functional unfortunately

i think i will be adding to the paint work shortly, i can't help myself!

-z

Oh mate that is just terrible. What a shame you have ruined it...ok I have to keep saying it..it's the only way I can bare to look at mine now.

Damn that looks good!

had a chance to wall mount it today,i repainted by hand the symbol on the rear canister, it was the only part that was bugging me, now its sorted i'm a happy chappy.
GUN2.jpg

GUN1.jpg

can't wait to get the assault rifle up there too, this arc gun is my favorite prop replica i think, thanks weta :thumbsup

That does look good. I like the way you have the displays in the cabinet too. I have the Sonny head, and tried to light it up but can't get the screws out of the back, have you thought about it or tried?

That wall is so empty and your AG looks so lonely. I demand you buy more D-9 guns and weather them too to hang up with the AG. :lol:lol:lol

That wall is so empty and your AG looks so lonely. I demand you buy more D-9 guns and weather them too to hang up with the AG. :lol:lol:lol

i have a few things to go on that wall but like most of the stuff i own its unfinished :(

i got a mim pulse rifle, han in carbonite, zf-1 pod gun, d9 assualt rifle, couple o pred helmets, pred 2 spear(open version) to fill the empty spaces, i'm sure i have more stuff......

i have a few things to go on that wall but like most of the stuff i own its unfinished :(

i got a mim pulse rifle, han in carbonite, zf-1 pod gun, d9 assualt rifle, couple o pred helmets, pred 2 spear(open version) to fill the empty spaces, i'm sure i have more stuff......

pics!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back