Alien Vs Predator Drop Pod maquette

Predian

I own two Predator drop pods from AVP, one came from Rareprops and the other was originally sold by Propstore. I have seen four examples, each with slightly different paint finish and detailing. As far as I know they were only used in the development process to show variations, with the pods seen on screen made as digital models.
My Propstore pod is silver/blue with some extra lines or detail painted on and the arms which hold the three wings on are made to look detailed and mechanical, it is mounted end to end by pins onto a wooden stand. My Rareprops pod is dark silver, no painted highlights and has smooth rounded arms which is how they appear on screen, it has never been mounted.
There is another on yourprops which the owner has mounted leaning upright on perspex and Propstore have another. I was recently contacted about selling one by a collector who was interested in the current Propstore piece. He descided to go with theirs' as it is already mounted but in taking new photos of mine I thought I'd share them here and welcome opinions as to their use.
Here is the the sold Propstore listing, it suggests that it is a filming miniature with bluescreening elements. I do not agree with this as the pod look digital and the mounting of a miniature would have been done on a single arm and more likely with greenscreen if at all.
Prop Store - Ultimate Movie Collectables
I did also see a white resin casting of a pod which was either a test at producing it as a garage kit or just a one-off. The photos show my Propstore silver, Rareprops dark silver, the replica casting, homerjs1 from yourprops and the Propstore most recent one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back