The Mask Props anyone??

IpkissMask

Hi,

Just wandering if anyone has any SCREEN-USED props from 'The Mask' with Jim Carrey?

I for one would love to see some screen used ones that any of you own, so please show them off here!! :eek

I just got one of those replicas from ebay, pretty impressed with it tbh especially for the price. Looks fairly screen accurate as well to me :thumbsup

Though having an original would always be preferable :)

Can all six of those really be screen-used? How many of them did they make for the production?

Or maybe a couple of masks have changed hands and the former owners just haven't bothered to remove them from their own listings.

Yeah there were alot of Loki Masks used for production, so it doesnt suprise me how many masks are listed on there.

Tons more than that were used!

Hey - I AM a Mask prop. This is from the scene when Jim Carrey gets out of the "loaner" Studebaker at the Coco Bongo, slaps the roof and says "Yep, it's a classic" and we look at him like he's nuts.
vlcsnap-14112792.jpg

That guy on the far left in the green jacket is me. I may put myself on ebay one day for some lucky Mask collector. There is some age and chips here and there, but there was only 1 made for the movie which makes me rare.

Last edited:
Haha thats awesome!!!! What was it like to work on the movie and see Jim Carrey, i mean... THE MASK in real life and in person!? Please tell me about it! :)

Haha thats awesome!!!! What was it like to work on the movie and see Jim Carrey, i mean... THE MASK in real life and in person!? Please tell me about it! :)

He was super nice and actually ate with all us lowlies.

Once of the coolest things was the Coco Bongo club was actually the Ambassador Hotel here in LA (which is torn down now). This hotel is where Bobby Kennedy was killed by Surhan Surhan . Richard Jeni was also very cool, sad that he is now gone. And Cameron Diaz wasabout as close to perfect (back then) that you'd ever see.dx

'

Sounds really cool!! Did you get to speak to Jim personally?
I would have given anything to be there....well i guess i wouldnt havnt known how much i love the movie back then before it was made haha

Not like me and him across a table, but he sat with about 10 of us and made fun of the girls who were hitting on him saying "I bet you'd love me even if I wasn't famous?" They would say stuff like "YEAH YEAH" and he would roll his eyes behind their back. He went into this big idea he had for Ace Ventura 2 (I don't even remember if Ace Ventura 1 was out yet, but he wanted either Dick Van **** <---- (ha the language filter won't let me write his last name D Y K E - there ya go) or Jerry Lewis to play his father in the sequel - and he said "The poster should be like Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade - waist up shot with a snake over my shoulder instead of a whip and the tag line reading "The Man With the Hair is Back and this Time He Brought His Dad" - he was really pumped about it.

We'd love to own one of the Loki masks one day. Very cool, also that someone from these boards was able to appear in the film! Sounds like it was a great experience. I don't think he'd fit into any of our prop cabinets, though!

In This scene "the movie mask" Jim carrey which brand / style of shirt was using ?
d5Mj5sNDx74.jpg
I want to shirt.
Where buy?

d5Mj5sNDx74.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back