Super Mario Bros. Stomper Boot

Sure. It's 3 1/8" long x 1 7/16" wide at the front of the bullet where the face is. The lip on the back of the bullet is a little wider than the front so the diameter on the back part is 1 9/16"

Thanks you so much :) I will see if i am able to make my own bullit bill later on.:thumbsup

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I don't remember where they used the Bullet Bills ... were they used in the Thwomp boots to make them jump?

Gotcha! I still think one of my favorite props from the movie is the Bob-omb. For nothing else but the sheer absurdity of it. xD

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I don't remember where they used the Bullet Bills ... were they used in the Thwomp boots to make them jump?

Yeah, as Contec said, they were used as cartridges for the Stomper Boots.

BulletBillStill5.jpg

BulletBillStill6.jpg

Although, that is the only close up of them in the film, they were scattered throughout other scenes.

I would want a small collection of a bob-omb, Bullit bill, Meteor rock and one of those transparent Funguses that Mario gets from the "king" that he uses to protect himself from the devogun.

Right on, I remember that now! Thanks for the screen caps.

One of these days I'm going to start work on my Devo guns. I bought some Super Scopes to make them last year and just never got around to starting the project. xD

No the hero boots weren't destroyed. I saw them in person on display at Disney/MGM Studios in June of 1993 right after the film came out, however there has been no sign of those boots being in anyone's private collection. I speculate that they may still be in the Disney Archives.

At some point in the 90s I actually saw the stomper boots as well as the Mario Brothers "clubbing" clothes from the film and a few other pieces for sale in the prop store, to the left at the entrance to the studios. SOMEONE'S GOT EM...

At some point in the 90s I actually saw the stomper boots as well as the Mario Brothers "clubbing" clothes from the film and a few other pieces for sale in the prop store, to the left at the entrance to the studios. SOMEONE'S GOT EM...

Very interesting, Kurt! You're the only other person I've heard of who saw them at the studios back then as well. I'm really surprised to hear that they were for sale there!! I would love to track down those hero boots!

What other props do you remember being for sale at the time?

Misc paper props, possibly licenses and stuff that you really don't see, a think some small Koopa signs, and Luigi's Yin Yang shirt from the start of the film

I'd be guessing. I remember them being too expensive for me at the time (10-12ish) years old? But at the same time, relatively inexpensive (I thought) for someone who wanted to own that stuff. The Yin Yang shirt was PROBABLY,....$100-150? Bob Hoskin's yellow club suit m'ehhhhh.........$250? ish? (could have been more) and the boots were the most,.....$800-1200 ish? Again, just a guess.

That place has always been pretty fair. The last time I was in there I saw Dick Van ****'s striped jacket from his penguin dance in Mary Poppins. Really!? Why was Disney getting rid of that!? I think it was $25,000. Definitely the most expensive piece I've ever seen in there.

Wow yeah those prices weren't bad at all, although I can see where back in the 90s it might have seemed like a lot.

So is this store you're referring to the small autograph/collectibles shop that looks like a 1930s house just inside the front gate of Hollywood Studios, to the left of the Crossroads kiosk?

I was in there about 2 years ago and they really didn't have any props in there. Just a lot of posters & autographed 8x10s.

Yeah that's the place. I haven't been in a few years. I'm going back next year, I'll have to check it out and see what's up. Some friends of mine still work there as well, so I'll put out thee inquiry.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back