Super Mario Bros. Stomper Boot

Wow this is so cool! I love SMB the movie. I don't know why it got such a bad rap. When I saw it, I was really happy with it. It wasn't a literal translation of the game but the it was still a fun film I can watch even today. What a great prop!

Wow this is so cool! I love SMB the movie. I don't know why it got such a bad rap. When I saw it, I was really happy with it. It wasn't a literal translation of the game but the it was still a fun film I can watch even today. What a great prop!

Thanks very much! I have the same feelings about the film and was thrilled to get a hold of one of the boots as i've always thought they captured the feel of the film very well.

Hey, I'm a long time lurker but I had to register just to add to this and help. I have a pair of these boots I got many years ago. I purchased them from a gentleman who worked in the prop department at the studio where Super Mario was filmed (Wilmington, NC). About all I know of them is that they were in his attic from where he kept them after filming. Originally some pieces of the boots were missing (the back piston on one, and a piece of the top from the other), but he found them and I attached them with some elmers glue. One of them I repainted a bit, the other is in original condition. I have to say they have held up quite well for being foam and having been in my possession through several moves. Didn't know anyone even collected stuff from this movie, and I was shocked when I happened upon this thread and seen the pics!

What a cool find!...SMB definately a flawed movie not horrible yet terribly flawed,Makes ya wonder exactly what kinda film they REALLY wanted to make..

Yeah I have always felt like SMB has gotten a bad wrap... There are much more horrid video game translations out there.

I actually have to give them credit for taking the SMB concept and thinking outside the box with it. One thing I love about the props is that there was a great amount of detail that went into every aspect of them as well as the costumes and production design.

I have a great amount of respect for all of the effort the crew put into the film which is why I am so glad to find items still in existence such as this one!
I completely agree. I actually really enjoy the movie, the had a very cool take that worked well considering how a Mario movie could have gone.

And I've always loved the design of the boots, great job on them

Yeah I actually really liked the Blade Runner-esque approach they took with the film. I liked the grittiness of it even though it might not have been the best way to adapt the source material.

However, I believe because they did go that route, we got some cooler looking props, such as the boots.

Here are some more shots of the collection of props I've managed to put together over the years:

StomperBoots1-small.jpg

Notice the Thwomp character on the bottom of the boot? The design was taken right from the game, but unfortunately never seen in the film.
StomperBootBottom1-small.jpg

Bullet Bill Cartridge
BulletBillRight2-small.jpg

"Hero" Meteorite Necklace
HeroNecklace1-small.jpg

Mario's Tool Set - These tools are actually molded resin and were made for Bob Hoskins per his request because they were a lot lighter to wear rather than the real tools. he ended up wearing these throughout the entire film.
MarioTools4.jpg

To be made of foam those are in pretty good shape. If I didn't love the game so much as a kid I'd say the movie was horrible...prop is still cool though.

You never thought of making cast of the bullet bill and meteor neckless?

Well, no one's ever asked until now...haha. In all honesty though, I wouldn't know the first thing about making a cast of the Bullet Bill. I love props, but prop making isn't exactly my forte...

I don't think the necklace would cast well anyways. The leather strap wrapped around it has gotten very fragile over the years and if it was removed, it would never go back on the same again.

TGC, yeah for the boots to be made out of foam, they are indeed in surprisingly great shape! I have to give the previous owner a ton of credit for keeping them in a safe environment for so many years. I believe that the paint on them is what has kept them together for so long.

TGC, yeah for the boots to be made out of foam, they are indeed in surprisingly great shape! I have to give the previous owner a ton of credit for keeping them in a safe environment for so many years. I believe that the paint on them is what has kept them together for so long.

I understand, Would you be able to provide measurement on bullit bill? He looks like a a 4 mm grenade round.

I understand, Would you be able to provide measurement on bullit bill? He looks like a a 4 mm grenade round.

Sure. It's 3 1/8" long x 1 7/16" wide at the front of the bullet where the face is. The lip on the back of the bullet is a little wider than the front so the diameter on the back part is 1 9/16"

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back