Super Mario Bros. Stomper Boot

nice very nice never new this was a foam prop...but it make since in some cases

There were about 4 different types of boots made for the film, that I can tell:

- 1 pair of red hero boots with real metal parts & electronics (worn by Big Bertha at the beginning of the film)

RedBoot1.jpg

- 2 pairs of red semi-hero boots with real metal parts & NO electronics (worn by Mario & Luigi in the famous elevator dolly-back shot)

RedBoot3.jpg

- 2 pairs of red foam rubber boots worn by the actors for running (see above)

- About 8-10 red, purple/pink, blue, & yellow foam boots for the Thwomp display case seen towards the end of the film.

RedBoot4.jpg

Very nice piece! I'm amazed at how well they've held up all these years as they're foam.

SMB has a terrible reputation, but I love it! Personally, I'd love to get my hands on anything goomba related that was screen-used (even just one of the patches would be cool!). Just got two more busts to find!

What a great find! I'm really impressed that even the foam stunt piece has "THWOMP" on the underside of the sole. Who was ever going to see that? Nobody, but they went and put it there anyway!

I maintain that the Super Mario Bros. movie is excellent if you try not to think of it as an adaptation of the video games. On its own, it has kind of a Bizarro Blade Runner atmosphere.

What a great find! I'm really impressed that even the foam stunt piece has "THWOMP" on the underside of the sole. Who was ever going to see that? Nobody, but they went and put it there anyway!

I maintain that the Super Mario Bros. movie is excellent if you try not to think of it as an adaptation of the video games. On its own, it has kind of a Bizarro Blade Runner atmosphere.

I can even still let it slide as an adaptation. Maybe it's just nostalgia but I still love that movie :)

Well obviously I don't need to express how much I love the film, but I think what really makes me enjoy the film so much is that it sort of has that grounded type of sci-fi like Blade Runner in it, but it subtly (and very creatively, I might add) incorporated elements of the game in the film, just like you see in the Bullet Bill, Thwomp Boots, and Bob-ombs.

It's so cool to see these recognizable elements brought into the pseudo-realistic, albeit over-exaggerated, fantastical world of the film...

VERY awesome find. I love this movie. I always have, always will, and I've never felt the need to justify it. Haters gonna hate.

Earlier today I was reading some old threads at Proptopia about video game props, and the subject of SMB props came up.

I now have yet another project on the back burner of my mind: Mario and Luigi costumes from this movie. :)

VERY awesome find. I love this movie. I always have, always will, and I've never felt the need to justify it. Haters gonna hate.

Earlier today I was reading some old threads at Proptopia about video game props, and the subject of SMB props came up.

I now have yet another project on the back burner of my mind: Mario and Luigi costumes from this movie. :)

Thanks very much! I also obviously really enjoy the movie a lot as well!

If you haven't been there already, check out www.smbmovie.com

Lots of great info & interviews about the movie!

It would be neat to do a slight reimagining of the costumes like making the boots functional to a point with the hydrolics working and such. you could use ski boots as a base.

Thanks for that. I'll check it out! :D

Yeah if you enjoy the movie, you should like the site as well. I have been working with the site mods recently and we're really trying to get a lot more info about the film out there.

It was a pretty big production when it was made and there is actually a lot of behind-the-scenes material that we're finding out there. We also been consistently lining up some great interviews with people who worked on the film. Some quite revealing discussions about things that didn't make it into the film.

Some quite revealing discussions about things that didn't make it into the film.
i'd love to hear more about the early development of the project... especially the parker/jennewein script. their script was more of a direct adaptation of the games. i've seen a few storyboards, but i would LOVE to hear and see more from that version.

Yeah we've been trying to get a hold of that early script, as well as the original shooting script that had a lot more game references such as trains that looked like Bullet Bills.

Haven't had any luck getting a hold of such early scripts just yet...

man thats tyotally awesome i loved the SMB film ok i was like 10 when it came out but to me the boots were the coolest part of it along with the goombas trenchcoats.

man thats tyotally awesome i loved the SMB film ok i was like 10 when it came out but to me the boots were the coolest part of it along with the goombas trenchcoats.

The boots are pretty much still the coolest part of the movie, even though we're not ten anymore. ;)

true
i still also love how the devo guns are just repainted snes superscope rifles
i am so tempted to build a smb costume now
so so tempted

I really enjoyed this movie. I'm happy to say it would be correct to say that it's better than the Phantom Menace as far as "enjoyment" goes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back