Batman Begins Suit

BillyBones

Hi everyone, I just purchased a Batman Begins suit for a fairly hefty sum, unfortunately it is third hand now and the wet suit has rotted from what i believe is super glue that has been applied to fix the bubber armour pieces.
As i am going to have to pull ot to bits and start again, is there anyone here who can advise me on what undersuit to use - is a wet suit still best or are there better alternatives etc. Also i am after a real nice cape and I would like to know how to attatch it using the triangular pieces that came with the suit.
I thank you all fpor taking the time to read this and I thank those again that can offer any help. :)

Here is a couple of pics of me
46011_426106149730_791314730_4712780_4031306_n.jpg

41129_426105944730_791314730_4712778_5589080_n.jpg

Thanks for looking, and i appreciate any help :)

Congrats on the new costume.

First when removing the armor from the undersuit be very careful. Don't want to tear the armor. I've seen it done countless times.

Pretty sure your armor is latex. Can you confirm? I know the cowl was made by cavedwellar from this very forum. Anyway if it is latex I recommend attaching it to a new undersuit with more liquid latex. You won't get a stronger bond.

For an undersuit you have a couple choices. Either neoprene again or Lycra. For either I would really recommend a 2 piece undersuit. This is how it was done for the movies and is a lot easier to get it on and off. If you go with Lycra you want to "paint" any areas of the undersuit still visible after the armor has been mounted with more latex. Make sure you do this while it is on a mannequin or duct tape dummy. This way you don't get glued into the suit and the undersuit stays stretched so it still fits you when latexed.

And PM me and I'll send you in the direction of someone who can make you a custom fit undersuit.

As for the triangular cape clips, you will want to install some rings at the bottom corners of your cowl and then the same or grommets in your cape. The idea is then to have a bolt installed in the cape clip and a nut inside the chest where the cApe would go. And then everything sandwiches together. Chest nut, cape ring, cowl ring, and cape clip threads into the nut to keep it all in place.

Hope that makes sense.

Coofunkcurly - may i thank you very much for your responce, its very helpful :)
May I ask you, my neck must be long - when I stand straight my cowl is about 2 inches above my shoulders and does not contact the suit, its as if the cowl neck is not long enough so I have to scrunch up my shoulders, not good for the O'l back.... any ideas?

Many thanks once again :)

Nice looking cowl, I like the way the eye holes are recessed.

I wish I knew more about latex & rubber repair, hope you're able to get everything back in order. Maybe when you get a chance you can post some pics of the damage too, that may help people give you a better idea of how to fix it properly.

If it is super glue that was used you might be able to scrape a bit of the "clump" away before you continue trying to repair it. But I'd be weary because if it caused any of those applied areas to get real hard it may cause breaks in the rubber.

Good luck!

Here are two pics of damage to the undersuit - :(

IMAG0426.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

would you guys fix the latex rubber armour to a wetsuit or Lycra?
many thanks for your help
Daz B

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back