Sculptures

franz bolo

Sr Member
I went to a friends house and he let me take pics of his work.

His name is Gabriel Marquez. Anyway, I was blown away by his work..

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

FB

damn....

he has some serious talent.

i wonder if he would do a 1/6th christopher reeve as superman head.....

chris

Gab is one of the fastest sculptors I know.

I see him about once a month when we get together with our other sculptor and modeler friends. While all of us are talking shop..... he would litterally sculpt a head from a lump of clay right in front of our eyes.

Nick

these are some of the best hero/villain sculpts i´ve seen so far.
your friend should be very proud on his skills.
very impressiv. :thumbsup

He sculpted some work for the comic company I use to work for, it was a very nice peice, he his a very talented artist.
I love that Hawkeye statue on his site...

<div class='quotetop'>(MaddChinaMan @ Jul 5 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]1274517[/snapback]</div>
I curious what kind of clay does he use? His work is awsome the vash figure looks sweet.
[/b]

He uses all kinds of clay from sculpy, chavent oils to castelline. It depends on who he is working for... some of them insist on certain of industrial wax clay because it's what the mold makers at some factories are used to working with.

Nick

At first glance I was thinking no big deal.. the guy buys cool statues....then as I read the posts a little bit of pooh entered my pants when I found out he sculpted those....WOW

Yes, the guy is amazing. Check out his site constantly. Bought his "Guide to the Black Gates" last year... love it... haven't started on it... but LOVED it just by looking at pictures of it and knew that I had to have it... will hopefully build it up and paint it soon.

Impressive. :thumbsup

We had another meeting and he showed off his new bookends. These are the ones they sell, not his sculpt. The sculpt looked great.

bookend02.jpg

bookend01.jpg

bookends03.jpg

bookends04.jpg

bookends05.jpg

bookends06.jpg

FB

Gabriel is one talanted dude. He sculpted my first 2 garage kits many moons ago. If you see him, tell him Jerry said HI!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back