"Return of the Living Dead 2" Zombie Barrel Build (UPDATE 11-28-10) w/ VIDEO

Re: "Return of the Living Dead 2" Zombie Barrel Build (UPDATE 9-10-10)

So I tried to stick the sticker above the control panel but the adhesive won't stick to the barrel. Anyone know a solution?

Re: "Return of the Living Dead 2" Zombie Barrel Build (UPDATE 9-13-10)

Gorilla glue. It does expand a bit though so less is more but man does that stuff stick.

Even though this is the first one I know of, one of the things that's always bea question for anyone doing a replica of this barrel is this: go with the phone number from the first film or the second one (for those who don't know, yes, the phone number on the barrels are different in each film)

I chose the phone number from the second movie, mainly because aside from Tarman inside that's the barrel I based mine off of.

I had a friend that bought a pair of shoes from me (at a store I worked for). Long story short he was working down the sidewalk at Target and the heel started to come apart, lol. I guess he had just got to work and couldn't afford a new pair, so he used Gorilla Glue and it started coming out liked a squished sandwich. lol Must need plenty of time to dry I'm guessing?

New pics with glass installed and Tarman inside without his hands. Gotta make a background for him and still need to find a lid. Exchanged an email with William Stout about the barrels, and he said he personally designed them and such. The last email I asked about the lid, so hopefully he says what they used.

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

Re: "Return of the Living Dead 2" Zombie Barrel Build (UPDATE 9-15-10)

I have always wanted one of these, great job so far can't wait to see the finished product. Will be interested to see what the lids were made of. This has always been the holdup for me on this project.

That is really coming together nicely!:cool I hope non of your neighbors see the govt. info on the side and call you in:lol That would be classic having some Homeland security officials show up and having to show them what your doing:lol:thumbsup

Sweet I love this wish I had room for a build of my own! Hey not sure if you tried it yet, but the glue GOOP works great in all app's ! It takes time to set up but works great!

Thanks for the comments! I haven't heard from him at this point, but its only been a few days and that's about how long it took him to respond last time. The only thing left to do is get Tarman's hands (still don't know what to do about those) get the fog machine put together, and then find the lid. Oh, and get that sticker on the front done. I tried to apply that one yesterday but it just peeled right off. I guess I'll try to use some of that Gorilla Glue.

Ha, almost forgot the Key-Panel, I'll have to order that too.

Fantastic build so far. Looking forward to seeing the completion.

mike

That's looking awesome!!! Looking forward to seeing this finished :thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back