WIP My first female portrait sculpt - (Leeloo) Milla Jovovich NEW PICS 9/23

Re: WIP My first female portrait sculpt - Can you guess who it is?

That is so cool. I'd love to have one. I'm planning on getting some small sculpts of her made for action figures.

Vash you have a better eye than most, nice work. I can't comment on the likeness as I haven't really studied her face, but have another look at the mouth. There is a little sense of stiffness around the upper lip near the corners, and overall there is a danger of too much of the slack-lipped cliche we see ALL the time now in posed glamor shots. If you can find a rationale for her lip expression that avoids the cliche while still keeping a sense of passion, then I suspect that you will be happier with the result for a longer time. :)

I can't say thanks enough guys, but I'm still a ways off from finishing.

Serafino - The expression is my wife's choice and I'm still trying to nail it. Hopefully I get it to a happy medium. It's supposed to be a bit more intense in the eyes and the mouth position showing that she's either about to say something or breathing out.
Right now, I just want to get the proper shapes, then I can tense and relax certain areas.

I knew who it was right away. Nice work. My only comment would be the jaw line looks a tiny bit too strong and square. Maybe taper it slightly toward the chin and soften the jaw bone a tad. Really great work man!

could tell who it was immeadiately - great work there. Try to take a pic at the same angle of a real pic of her, and split-screen them. Any inaccuracies should be obvious then, although at first glance I dont see any.

The hair on that RDJ is great too.

My input? Do a full torso... Just kidding :lol She/It really looks like Milla, very well done Vash!

WOW. Excellent job & about time she got some attention from the sculptors here anyway. :love

I absolutely can't wait to see one of these done up as Leeloo and/or Ultraviolet. I'm particularly curious to see how you handle her eyes. Milla's eyes are a shade that one doesn't come across everyday. :love

Very Nice!. Milla is my favorite Heroine!

wow man, Your RDJ with hair is incredible as well!
Do you find using that clay easy to smooth?

Wow, thank you guys again for the compliments, now you guys put me on the spot to not screw this up :D

I'm still having trouble figuring out the neck and shoulders, but I worked on it for a couple of hours this morning and I think I'm getting it down.

JonKross - the clay I'm using is pretty soft, so smoothing only requires my fingers or a piece of paper. For smaller areas, I use some small tools and a small brush with rubbing alcohol.

looknig really good mate.

there are a couple of things that stand out to me but it may be the photo's.

it looks like the right eye is either slightly further forward of slightly lower than the left but this could be the photo but worth a look.

also, it looks like the top of the head may be slightly too tall and looks like it could come have a bit more are the back and your ear anatomy is not quite there yet.

non of this is negative, the sculpt is very strong, just trying to help

Love it, especially the action pose of her neck and shoudlers. Alos, am loving the subtle neck wrinkles/texture. I wouldn't change a thing about her lips, they look great. They eyes' are already alive in my mind, can't wait to see something added to them!!!

nicely done!

Man, I really appreciate all the comments, my wife has been a big help in letting me know which parts to improve on, but can use more help.

I just worked on the profile a bit. Still need to rough in the folds and shapes on neck/shoulders:
millasculpt-profile.jpg

this profile shot is very good, captured her look for sure

I appreciate all of the comments guys and you guys are really fueling my fire to make this better.

Fettster - I totally agree and already started making those improvements.
Thanks so much for the input, those things were also bothering me, so hopefully I have/will correct them properly.

I still couldn't get the pose correct, so my wife actually helped me out and sculpted the proper position that she had in mind.
After I got the idea, I tuned in on it and we're both finally happy with the results.
Here's a pic of how it looks now:
millasculptnewleft.jpg
millasculptnewlleft2.jpg

Still got a ways to go, but I'm taking my time to make sure I get all the structure and details as best as I can make them.
Stay tuned. . .

Last edited:

Why not doing a full torso? :confused

Just kidding :lol Well done Vash :thumbsup

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back