T2 Arnold bust

Alaneye, Fantastic work! I had a friend who owned a small scale model company and was a friend of John Rosengrant. He was visiting John some years back and John gave him two busts of Arnold cast in resin. I have one of them safely tucked away in storage.

Your sculpt is right up there with Rosengrant's. Very professional. You could very likely get work sculpting at ADI, KNB, Legacy or any number of effects make-up studios. That is, if you aren't already working for one of them.

Alaneye, Fantastic work! I had a friend who owned a small scale model company and was a friend of John Rosengrant. He was visiting John some years back and John gave him two busts of Arnold cast in resin. I have one of them safely tucked away in storage.

Your sculpt is right up there with Rosengrant's. Very professional. You could very likely get work sculpting at ADI, KNB, Legacy or any number of effects make-up studios. That is, if you aren't already working for one of them.

That's very kind of you to say. This was the first portrait sculpture I'd done in many a year (the predator had rekindled my interest) but somewhere between stopping sculpting in the 90s and picking it up again in 2009 I seemed to had developed a keener set of skills... I have no idea how that works... makes me wonder how my skills might have progressed had I continued throughout those years. There are things I would change about this sculpture now, but I'm still able look at my copy from time to time, and it still gives me a thrill to observe the details.

Last year, a member of The Clubhouse who bought a copy took it with him on a visit to John Rosengrant's place and showed it to him. John was nice enough to say I got it pretty much right and autographed the base for him. Unfortunately he didn't think to get a photo of him holding it.

My day time job is in IT and sculpting is purely a hobby, and I guess it always will be.

I just run across this again , and ALAN , I got to say , I just cannot stop looking at this, this is truly amazing, its mindblowing , the work you do , is just unspeakable...OMG....

Gosh, this is incredible!

Thanks, Pixi :)

Just Awesome man! Im just starting off sculpting and hope to get there some day.

Thanks, man. It's all about observing, understanding, and translating it into the clay. Do the leg work and you will get there.

I just run across this again , and ALAN , I got to say , I just cannot stop looking at this, this is truly amazing, its mindblowing , the work you do , is just unspeakable...OMG....

Thank you, Guy, I appreciate your enthusiasm :)

Al

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back