The Iron Giant - the Giant's screw

So awesome. Are you planning on selling completed versions or just kits?

For a display I really like the idea of the packaging but maybe have it on a 45-degree stand for easy viewing. Maybe another option is to have a small piece of plating (on a similar stand) that the bolt could actually screw into so you can admire both sides of the screw.

AWESOME!!! Sounds like there is plenty of interest. I'll get started on the run this weekend.

For the pre-orders I'll do the same price as the last run. $89.95 for the kit w/ electronics ($10 less without electronics)

The price will go up a bit for post run orders

I added a post to the Project Run forum. lets take this conversation there.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260269

I see you're looking more for ideas/plans but I saw this post as I was watching Adam Savages one day builds where he does the iron man screw. He uses a kit however but hopefully something out of it can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once upon a time I was sitting at my desk watching a Tested video w/ Adam Savage on Youtube.

As soon as the video ended I got an alert on my phone. I pulled my phone out and saw it was a Paypal alert.

"Paypal: Adam Savage just sent you $186."

I briefly thought... "How did he know I was watching his video? And why is that worth $186?"

I then saw that he had ordered two of my Iron Giant Screw kits. It was just a coincidence that he was on my computer screen at the time.

For a moment it was a pretty surreal world I was living in.

Cut to three years later, I pull up Youtube.com and see Adam and Norm putting my kit together. SOOOooooo neat!

Just thought I would share that story.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back