Doctor Fate (Dark Asylum)

you sir, are a genius. Especially with the commisioned piece and paint job on all of your work. Flawless to say the least. I wish I had access to a lathe. :(

Is the last tweak photos in styrene? That is my favorite hemlet material, as I'm a clutz and they hold up well if I drop it. ;)

Thanks, but I only used a lathe on the amulet the helmet I sculpted and sanded and grinded and leveled out by hand which has taken months to perfect were the amulet took 25 minutes to make using a machine.

Stryene works great for helmet as it's light weight and does take alot of stress and abuse if it's thick enough but if you're looking for a stylish hardhat .90ths ABS is the way to go.

Oh, I forgot to ask if you plan on selling these anytime in the near future, as I'm not a Dr. Fate fan, but I am a fan of the helmet and your's has definitely raised the bar for anyone else to try their hand at one cooler than this. It crossed my mind to want to try a real Spartan version of this helmet and with the helmet gloss black and and add white horse hair. What do you think?

I wasn't a fan or even knew anything about Doctor Fate till I was asked about making one which actually didn't happend I twisted my own arm into doing Doctor Fate but after working on it I'd taken a shine to the character and I love the helmet simple but a cool design and it's a perfect bad for a large number of other helmet and a chrome black would be pretty mean looking I'd almost like to see red eyes peeping trough the holes.

I actually took on a hand full of commissions for Fate already but I've been perfecting the helmet for so long and taken forever so I wont be making a another run on helmets till the first ones are done perfected and in the hands of those RPF members but soon as that's all taken care of I'll update and do a run of helmets and the other parts.

I am thinking of a way to create a helmut like DR.Fate or even Nova that collapses. Using the same sort of spandex tech that is used for pop up discs and laundry bins. maybe with some sewn in planes for shape. ideas?

Matt

Ok some updates are long over do especially the final Fate with the new stand and the full set even a few more tweaks to the helmet hoping to just put out as close to a master piece as I could get.

the_real_doctor_fate_by_darkasylumxxx-d4fpkdy.jpg

So the helmet and the main stone base are Vacuum formed and the Anku and amulet are casted from Liquid Onyx.

fate_helmet_amulet_and_stand_by_darkasylumxxx-d4fpk5e.jpg

ankh_and_amulet_stand_by_darkasylumxxx-d4fpj87.jpg

So Like much of the helmet design I added my own touch to the style of the Ankh little more wicked shape with sharp angles and edges more of a signature piece.

ankh_by_darkasylumxxx-d4fpiq2.jpg

And for all those that asked to see some one wearing the gear here's for kicks.

tempting_fate_by_darkasylumxxx-d4fpn9y.jpg

Basically I'm pretty much done which the first 3 sets promised to the original first 3 guys to invested in the fate project it's been a very long over due weight but I hope the work speaks for itself if anything.

I'm not a Doctor Fate fan, don't know much about the character, but I had an incredible dream that showed him in this helmet. I absolutely love it and the base! I hope that you produce these for sale sometime in the future.

PS - I know this is kind of an old thread, but it's a magnificent piece of work!

bump for awesomeness! if It would fit my melon I would have to have the set. mmm maybe even if it didn't :lol

just keep me in mind for future helms please

bohvyn22,

I'm not trying to be a jerk or something but... I've seen you posting in the threads of dark asylum a couple of time's complaining about parts not being sent.
wouldnt it be whiser to you know send him a PM? or contact a moderator or something?

I agree with rensole, Dark hasn't even been on since: 11-26-2011

Also I don't remember him ever saying he was making this for anyone and I've been watching this thread from the start.

I just finished watching an episode of young justice with fate in it. Man is this helmet spot on big time. Great work....

Rensole and prince neo
First let me say this. HE DOES AWESOME WORK. it looks great and photos great. If he has time to get it done he is the man.

I am the one who he made this for, its for a photo project for st judes childrens hospital, he made this and the captian helmet. I have been trying to contact him by phone and email for a while now and have not been able to. left messages and such but he has failed to do contact me in return. I have a deadline I am trying to meet here and not sure how to contact him otherwise. I did not know about the contacting a moderator. Thanks for that info. sorry

Sure hope that DA is alright, because if he is and is willing to do another run I'd love to get my hands on one these helmets so I can do a Dr. Fate costume while my wife goes as Zatana.

I know this is a late reply [I haven't been on in a long time]. I've heard from Dark Asylum. In short, the Fate project has been canceled.

"I do have some bad news as far as prop work I stopped producing pretty much anything the last year...

...there's alot of reasons I canceled the Fate project."

It is indeed a great helmet. I hope he makes more in the near future.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back