Doctor Fate (Dark Asylum)

That looks like a bronze finish to me.

I keep flipping back and forth in my head between the bright yellow, or the gold chrome look.

Mike

it was to match a custom armor set I used gold hammered metal coat and rust wash and some ebony urethane stain and chrone and the edges to give that scraped edge raw metal look, but I used fate;'s helmet as the base mold and example of exrta use of the helmet.

good to see your work again DA! this looks looks like its going to turn out as good or if not better than the mk3 suit you made! i really like the helmet!:love

Yeah, sorry, I was just commenting as to what finish I was thinking of, and what that finish looked like to me.

Sorry for the repeated comments, I just know that I need to have one of these. :D

Mike

No problem, thanks Vader, anything to break from ironman I'm happy about I'm an artist not a ironman builder (just was the first project I shared) I would actually like to expand my work here just most of the time people only care about what they have already seen and know, honestly I'd rather make my own characters and show case them just no one really cares so I'll just share work people already know and do care about here, and anyone who is interested can see my Deviantart gallery.

This is the best realization of the 'Helm of Fate' that I have EVER seen. BRAVO.

My vote for finish, is for a gold-chrome color; something smooth/shiny that you could see a clear reflection in.

And once again: :thumbsup :thumbsup

When I imagine the perfect Doctor Fate helmet, it's still not as good as yours!

I think you really captured the faux-Egyptian look that the helmet absolutely needs. Please do one in mirror-finish gold, just so that it's out there.

What a great piece! Thanks for showing it to us.

I do have to admit this helmet really made me a fan of Dr. Fate and I'm thinking I my have to do the full atire after this but I want the gold parts to match so I'm think full on gauntlets and shin guards the neck harness there's enough ideas from the comics a nice collaboration of ideas along with my style in the mix, but that's for a later time just need to get the helmet done first, I'll have to price check on the chroming may need to save that for a later date if it's to hard to fit in my fate budget.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear it does have that faux-Egyptian look along with all the other great comments cause some times the true fans are the harshest critics I can feel something looks good but it's the fans that know what's best in the end, I appreciate comments they help approve the design phase and give alot more insight.

I think the best way to say it, is that your sculpt has character. While it's not sticking to any one single style of the fate helmets, it's (in my eyes anyways) a very clear representation of Dr. Fate. It's like when any artist puts their own little spin on a character, and you've done a wonderful job in that.

Oh yeah, and again, I need one. ;)

Mike

I think putting a personal spin on any character or project is like russian roulette I think division is a good thing but you make a big mistake in your judgement.

I honestly just wanted some style and sharpness but still recongnizable as Dr. Fate, also I liked this project more then Ironman cause with this one I got to add my own style to it were Ironman was a shot for more accurate so nothing new and exciting just the same thing every one else has seen before and there is a lack of creativity.

It's what was so great about Todd Mcfarlane he redefined so many heros and villains with his new detailed and epic style he turned some of the crappest Marvel characters into some serious badasses and altered the style of how the action was recreated and super powers were generated so that extra style can revolutionize, but also be a complete disaster.

Ok I did a mock up test of brass spray paint I still had on hand from the Ironman stuff, it's alright didn't photograph that great, but I 'm thinking more yellow I did check into the chroming and it's not exactly cheap to do but I got pricing and the sorce atleast, so I'm not sure when I can get a chromed version, or get the budget to do one I should say.

fa7.jpg

I might try some auto effects yellow over the gold see how that turns out but I'll keep my otpions open.

Did you check out the creations n chrome place?

There's also a product called mirra chrome that I've heard about, but haven't seen.

Wonder what a Candy Yellow would look like over that, or over a silver base.

Mike

Pre-order? what is the release date?

Ok I checked on multiple chroming options, and Killer chrome FX using my own professional spray gun is the cheapest option cause it's about $250 to have any auto-painter here in town or in CA plus the shipping fees, so till I have the budget to get a chromed gold prototpye it may go on the back burner this one is coming out of my pocket so not much funding on fate.

Funding could come from selling off some raw pulls and letting is worry about the finish. Damn't man football starts on Sept 4th and I would love to have one of these for a Spartan game or 2 or 3 and then go the Fate route.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back