HCG ALIENS HERO M41A PULSE RIFLE - Modification Thread

Please excuse the necropost, but this thread has come a long way since I last viewed it last summer. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed this wealth of useful information, and especially Art and Matsuo for the great reference pics! :thumbsup

My PR only had a very slight droop luckily, hardly noticeable at all. As for weathering, I just trooped around Dragon Con with it last summer and it naturally picked up all sorts of nice little dings, scratches & scuff marks. I plan to give it the same treatment this summer.

I also want to try the sun-bake treatment to get that GL aligned just right. That sounds like the ideal solution, as taking a heat gun to it would probably just end in disaster.

Wow, I never noticed that the stock on the 10 hole PR has a slight curvature where you shoulder it like most stocks do. Thats awesome. Will have to modify mine or make one like that. Can anyone else see this? or is it old news?

Did you ever get more info on this? I noticed it, but thought it might be an optical illusion or something.

I am pretty sure it's mostly a distortion from the photography (the whole pic is distorted to some degree), although it seems the end pad might still have been ever so slightly warped on the 10-hole hero. See this pic, where it seems that the shoulder pad is a little bit curved, but not nearly as much as in the test shot:
http://www.alienscollection.com/aliensbtsfrostsmall.jpg

However, I believe it was supposed to be straight and was then bent when being handled during filming. It surely was easier and faster to make the stock straight instread of intentionally curved.

Cheers!
Roman

Hi everyone newbie here and basically I have sustained a couple of dings in my HCG Olive Drab PR shrouds and wondered what the best method of cover-up would be? Would it be some sort of polish abrasive or trying to match the olive drab colour and dab it in?
Many thanks if you can offer any advice

Are the dings just in the paint or are they chips showing thought the metal underneath?

If its Only in the paint. Rubbing compound will help but wont eliminate the chip.

If its down to the base metal you really don't have much other choice. For reference krylon OD off the shelf should be the best match.

M

Resuscitating a thread after 8 years!

The magazine on my green Pulse Rifle is cracked, however I have a spare Brown mag. Can someone LMK what colour spray paint I need (that’s available in the U.K.) so I can spray it green

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jez

Resuscitating a thread after 8 years!

The magazine on my green Pulse Rifle is cracked, however I have a spare Brown mag. Can someone LMK what colour spray paint I need (that’s available in the U.K.) so I can spray it green

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Jez

Gonna have to do a custom color match either by eye or take in the cracked mag to the hardware store and have them match it with their computer. Ive hit some home runs and struck out with the computer method. It all depends on the person running the computer. I would recommend cleaning the hell out of the mag before you go in. Garbage in garbage out.

Gonna have to do a custom color match either by eye or take in the cracked mag to the hardware store and have them match it with their computer. Ive hit some home runs and struck out with the computer method. It all depends on the person running the computer. I would recommend cleaning the hell out of the mag before you go in. Garbage in garbage out.

Really good advice, thank you

Cheers

Jez

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back