Death Star Poker Table help????

Fuzzual

Sr Member
Hello, I am a newbie, lets just get that out of the way first. But I have been tinkering with an idea of building a custom poker table for my man cave, the twist to this will be that I want it to be a Death Star Poker Table.

The "race track" between the hand rail and center table felt will be a "Death Star Trench Style Model" with a see through top of some material that I have not yet decided. But I am after an incredible amount of detail to the trench, equipped with; lighting, miniature X-Wing Tie dog fights, turbo laser replicas, the works.

The Problem! As I said, I am new to the hobby, so I am wondering if anyone has knowledge as to where I can find a mass amount of bulk model parts? I found one sale on ebay for $5.00 but I am sure there will not be enough for the project. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

And any suggestions or input on the project would be more than welcome. I am drawing up plans for the table on CAD as we speak, and I hope to start the project sometime later this month.:unsure

Your best bet might be to make a several "sections" and tiles based on some screen shots, then make RTV molds of them. You could then mass produce enough parts using resin. Are you going for accuracy or just look and feel? Either way, I'm sure it will look great. Hope this helps.

Your best bet might be to make a several "sections" and tiles based on some screen shots, then make RTV molds of them. You could then mass produce enough parts using resin. Are you going for accuracy or just look and feel? Either way, I'm sure it will look great. Hope this helps.

Thanks man! I am going mostly for look and feel, however, I would like to use as much accuracy as I can.

I noticed there are some threads on here that have researched the surface tiles, but I haven't seen too many on the actual trench itself. I think they mostly reused tiles for that in actual production. A good quality video of Star Tours from Disneyland does show some of the girders and obstacles in the trench that you could replicate. Aside from the gun towers, there wasn't too many distinctive features in the ANH trench.

I like your idea, but I'm having a difficult time envisioning what you want your end result to look like. What scale do you want the fighters to be? If there is a Death Star trench for the track, where do you want the chip holders and drink holders to be? Good luck!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back