Airwolf 5 foot Screen used filming miniature

That thing is cool! Rotor head looks too scale to be radio controlled model, maybe its just well made flybarless head.
Is it possible to get some pics from inside?
If the motor has 3 wires, dont bother to get it running without special speed controller.

MCSrobotoc (flying rc helis)

Apart from potentially the pilot episode, Mind Of The Machine, and Fortune Teller, when else was this or other RCs possibly used in the show (I mean the original CBS show and not every episode of the 4th season)?

Anyone got a list?

Apart from potentially the pilot episode, Mind Of The Machine, and Fortune Teller, when else was this or other RCs possibly used in the show (I mean the original CBS show and not every episode of the 4th season)?

Anyone got a list?

This may not be complete, but off the top of my head a RC chopper or the one known as the "pole flyer" were featured in: Moffett's Ghost, Flight #093 is Missing, Condemned, The American Dream, Inn At The End Of The Road, Out of The Sky, Airwolf II (although it was a Redwolf RC not Airwolf) Where Have All The Children Gone?, and Discovery.

Of course used as stock footage in various episodes was the pole flyer composited into several matte paintings of The Lair. You can see it rising up from the bottom in front/side angle, a shot looking up the chimney as the chopper moves up past the camera as it heads towards the exit at the top. Plus the profile of the tiny Airwolf as it exits The Lair during a sunrise, or the same shot without the sunrise but with blue skies surrounding the rock mountain.

Pretty sure if yours has an electric motor it is one of the Pole sitters. I happened have done some work for Jack back in the mid-eighties (Dukes of Hazzard, Airwolf and some commercial miniatures) and was at his Live Oak Canyon, California location when they were doing some hover shots of "Air-Tuna" (As Jack Called it). The flying model was definitely gas powered, Here is a shot of the two pole sitters during a shot back in the day.
! jack joe's models 029 (2).jpg

I was able to acquire the screen worn helmet worn by Peter Mackiernan , the actual airwolf pilot, also worn by Ernie in one of the episodes.
That is amazing.

I was able to acquire the screen worn helmet worn by Peter Mackiernan , the actual airwolf pilot, also worn by Ernie in one of the episodes.
That is amazing.
I used to work at a helicopter company in Van Nuys and the owner had an original because he was one of the pilots in the show. I didnt know who thought it was more cool, me or him.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back