Sucker Punch costume thread

Added more small Rhinestones.
unfortunately its only letting me put a link in not a direct picture.....
http://i52.tinypic.com/bfmgdi.jpg

bfmgdi.jpg

There you go. :thumbsup

Very nice! Things like the sparkly thigh highs make all the difference in the world! I still need to do my sweet pea costume. ARGH! So many costumes so little time lol!

Totally! That was like the best part of her costume.
People were going crazy over them, and totally blown
away that I made them, and you can't by them.
Plus, a good amount of girls have done the white Babydoll,
but none have the thigh highs:D Thanks again!

Ok, so for the strap that goes on the scabbard, what can I use? I ordered one of the Katana Sageo, but it is nowhere near long enough, especially if sailor knotting it along... What do I need to get to make the strap? Ideas?

Ok, so for the strap that goes on the scabbard, what can I use? I ordered one of the Katana Sageo, but it is nowhere near long enough, especially if sailor knotting it along... What do I need to get to make the strap? Ideas?

That's a good question, and I am waiting for my cord to come in. When I ordered it, I wondered if I needed to get two, but I'll take a look after it arrives. According to the Gentle Giant statue, the cord does not have the knot running its entire length.

gentle-giant-babydoll-sucker-punch-statue-4.jpg

Parks

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been reading this thread for a long time. I love Sucker Punch and am creating a Baby Doll costume for Halloween and a local convention in November. Everyone that has posted tips and pictures have saved me! You guys are so awesome, I couldn't have gotten as far as I have at this point without this thread.

The thing I'm having the biggest issue with is Baby Doll's holster. I would love to have someone make one for me, but I can't spend a ton of money on it. Anyone have any good suggestions for someone on a budget?

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I am currently working on a Sweet Pea costume for Dragon*Con, and a friend told me about this forum. I've just read through it, and wow you guys have some really great info here!

I'm trying to decide on a pattern to use/modify for Sweet Pea's coat, and I realized something. I know that there is corset lacing up the back of the coat, but does anyone know exactly how far up it goes? From the photo of the costume at ArcLight, you can see that the lacing goes up past where the hood hangs down. But I'm wondering, does it actually go all the way up or does it stop at some point, so as not to interfere with the hood?

And also, what kind of patterns (if any) are you guys using?

I actually draped my jacket on a dress form to my measurements and made the corset bits lace all the way up to the top of the jacket. I joined the two pieces at the hood by just stitching across and using the hood's hem/seam as a little bridge.

I used this tutorial:
Underbust pattern tutorial « learningtofly – Katafalk
to learn how to make underbust corsets to my size and modified the corset layout from that.

I think that the hood was probably the most difficult part to make, since it's kind of a nun's habit shape rather than a regular hood. I ended up making tons of tiny mock-ups for it before I got one that I thought was just right.

I posted almost every step of my jacket construction on my tumblr if you're interested.
www.shyinc.tumblr.com

Also, are there any particular tutorials you would recommend for the makeup? And possibly any less expensive makeups that could substitute those used in the actual movie found here: Emily Browning as Baby Doll in Sucker Punch : Makeup411.com ?
As far as the makeup goes, they link to each of the products used, so I would take a look at their color charts and see if you can find something close in a less expensive equivalent. I'm not sure where you live or what your budget is, but I can give a few recommendations based off what I've used:

Foundation: Rimmel 25 hour lasting foundation ~$5-6 This stuff doesn't budge. It has a bit of a tack when you first put it on, but it goes away after a minute or two. The tack makes it an excellent eyeshadow base too.

Concealer: I use Mac at the moment, but I've had good success with Physician's Forumla concealers in the past. They're about $5-6.

Powder: New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder in translucent ~$3 Cheap, keeps oil in check, and sets foundation great.

Eyeliner: L'Oreal HIP cream eyeliner ~$10 Stays put, doesn't transfer to upper lid, and is a very deep black. It's not waterproof, so for my waterline I use Styli Style Line & Seal 24 hour eyeliner. I've gone swimming with it on and it stayed on through it. ~$5-6

Mascara: Maybelline Volume Express The Colossal (bright yellow tube) ~$6-7 I have crappy eyelashes; short, no curl, etc. This lengthened and volumized them so much they were almost touching my eyebrows.

Eyelashes: Revlon, Ardell, and Andrea all make fake lashes that you can find just about anywhere that sells makeup for about $6 and in a wide variety of lengths and thicknesses. The glue is latex based so keep that in mind if you have an allergy.

As I said, these are just suggestions so the final decision on product/color is up to you. Makeupalley - Street Smart Beauty - Homepage is an excellent site for reviews if you're unsure about how well something works. For tutorials, I know there's a few on youtube, but I haven't watched any of them so I can't tell you how good they are. Hope this helps.

hey guys! im back! if anyone needs help with their makeup you can inbox me or something, i'm a make-up artist and i can help you out! :D also that sweetpea up there is kick ass!

hey guys! im back! if anyone needs help with their makeup you can inbox me or something, i'm a make-up artist and i can help you out! :D also that sweetpea up there is kick ass!

Welcome back! :love

Guys My map is finished go have a look and see what you think

it's available now in the junkyard
http://www.therpf.com/f13/sucker-punch-map-replica-125107/#post1840331

I'm made up with how it turned out :)

Thanks for the support

Paul

Oh and one last thing...This thread is amazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Cereza you nailed the baby doll costume,you should be very proud!
Fantastic work!!
Best baby doll I've seen hands down!!!

Those are Beautifull costumes. All the show costumes are. But very difficult to get good references !

I got my first photo from the photoshoot of my improved Babydoll costume presented at Fan-sci /02/07/2011. I'm so happy, i have a pro photo FINALLY lol :D I hope you like it, it's not my best face whatsoever :p

70ca4dfac429ceb7b0628a1e8ebc91c0-d3n1a9o.jpg

:$

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back