ROTJ - Rebel Limpet Mine (Used in Endor Bunker)

Sticking out the top:
2FF-QAAOSwLnBX6KHj%2F%24%2FRare-TRANSCRIPTORS-FLUID-ARM-tonearm-Hydraulic-Reference-turntable-_1.jpg

Looking at screen caps and comparing them to the picture in post #51, the tank track and Mylar tape where added after filming.
star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-13166.jpg
Charge-Web3_845x485p.jpg
Detonateur_845x485p.jpg

Attachments

• Charge-web2_845x485p.jpg
    Charge-web2_845x485p.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 263
Always loved this prop !

Really looks like a graflex red button, on top, to me.

Also, the greeblie in the red square is like the V2's mystery chunk. (Especially on your view Division 6)

Sans titre.png

Those silver rectangles look just like a longer version of the ROTJ hero black buttons. without a doubt from some piece of audio equipment like a stereo or mixer

I think the real world piece is a ceiling mounted emergency sprinkler housing. I've seen similar ones in multiple locations but I NEVER have my phone with me to take a pic

I think the real world piece is a ceiling mounted emergency sprinkler housing. I've seen similar ones in multiple locations but I NEVER have my phone with me to take a pic

I remember hearing both the sprinkler system, or a smoke detector being thrown around in the past.

Not to sound cocky guys, but I’ve never seen a oil filter come close to looking like this.. even on the big rig stuff

Think this sucker was made from scratch :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to sound cocky guys, but I’ve never seen a oil filter come close to looking like this.. even on the big rig stuff

Think this sucker was made from scratch :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't saying that it was made from an oil filter, just that using one could be a start to make a "close enough" replica.

And I've seen plenty of oil filters that resemble this. But even standard automotive filters are bigger than the 3" X 4.25" size of the original piece.

Looking at all sorts of oil filters new and old, because they're made of metal, they all have a sort of rolled/crimped edge at the top, which is not present on the prop. The prop has a completely smooth top edge with a very square cross section.

Huh, I wonder why I never really saw this thread. I want to get one some time (with motion sensors, light and sound). Not the exact pieces like the prop, since that can get veeeerryy expensive, just a replica. Lots of good stuff here folks! :)

Gus Lopez just posted a facebook video with an incredible look at a few of his original props, including TWO of the limpet mines/rebel grenades/proton charges/what-have-you. He owns one with tank tread on the switch, and one with a bare metal switch knob.

Go to about 9:10 to see them described and handled. The electronics still work!

(Thanks to lonepigeon for linking it on facebook)

Last edited:
Holy crap! (also the 3d printed grips on the elstree saber :( ) but that wooden buck sure has a hole.

The switches in the center of these bunker bombs were actual rotating switches then!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back