ROTJ - Rebel Limpet Mine (Used in Endor Bunker)

Assuming the body is a found item, has anyone considered that the cylinder portion and the flared portion are two independent items? Like a cylinder item on top of a funnel (not saying it is a funnel, just an example)?

4.5" you say? Hmm... I was looking through the pantry, lots of good found items I could use as a body. I might hit the dollar store and see if they have some cheap funnels or other cone shape for the base.

Kurtyboy, do you have any guesses on the the diameter? I'm thinking 3". I only say that because I was looking at a icing container in the pantry and it looked about right for the diameter. I know that is not very scientific and I am pretty embarrassed even discussing this with you after seeing your work on the endor rifle.

Also, do you think that the details on the top are symmetrical or asymmetrical?

Really not sure. I'm not any good at scaling from images distorted by perspective. I'm guessing around 3" in diameter.

No idea about the details.
Kurtyboy, do you have any guesses on the the diameter? I'm thinking 3". I only say that because I was looking at a icing container in the pantry and it looked about right for the diameter. I know that is not very scientific and I am pretty embarrassed even discussing this with you after seeing your work on the endor rifle.

Also, do you think that the details on the top are symmetrical or asymmetrical?

Resurrecting an ancient thread, to see if anyone has any new ideas about this prop. rebelgrenade.jpg

The main body sort of resembles an oil filter. If we're going by the 3" X 4.25" dimension, that would fit the bill for size for quite a few automotive filters. The base appears to be a separate piece, though totally unsure of what it is. As for greeblies, the main switch looks like a section of tank track from a model kit. Probably the same piece of track they used on the thermal detonator.

The one here wasn't the one used for the hero shot right? that just had a knurled knob or something.
either way, cool on the oil filter lead! Always thought they used an alarm or smoke detector so they could attach it to the ceiling, but never found one. I do have some of those photomultiplier filters, but can't see how you'd bend them like that..

Last edited:
I can see some mylar tape wrapped around that inner piece and those parts from a vacuum tube that are also used for Vader reveal helmets.

Seriously? I hope that person isn't a member here.

If they are they are they're a lurker. It's a big SW collector. There are still cliques where people get some kind of kick where they are the only ones who know a certain piece of info. I have absolutely no problem if someone does that to make sure they get the item or parts for themselves and friends first, but not to just sit on it. Of course they have no obligation since they own it, but I don't think it's really in the spirit of the RPF.

It's really just the tabs around the photomultipliers that are bent.

I see two knurled Michell/Transcriptors knobs on the top. I have a few of those. They're also on the ESB Leia wrist communicator.

It's really just the tabs around the photomultipliers that are bent.

I see two knurled Michell/Transcriptors knobs on the top. I have a few of those. They're also on the ESB Leia wrist communicator.

hmm, having trouble finding a picture, do you have any visual references for this part?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back