upgrading my mission impossible Oakley sunglasses

agliarept

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

im trying to find some advice on how to recreate the custom lenses used in the Oakley Romeo sunglasses used in the MI2 film. I know Oakley made a black non-shiny version of their regular Romeo lenses for the film. However, I'm having a hard time trying to locate a similar pare. The standard black iridium's that they come with are super shiny and not as nice as the pair used on screen.

Does anyone know anywhere that offers lenses like these? Or alternatively what would be a best way of achieving this look? cheers!

tom_cruise_mi2_romeo.gif

attachment.php

Last edited:
does anyone know a way to turn mirrored black lenses into a flat lens? im thinking about adding a black vinyl to an existing black iridium lens but not sure how thats going to turn out.

Thanks rusty, finding black non mirrored lenses for the Romeo glasses is tough. they are all mirrored black iridiums. i wish oakley still made them. currently i have the ruby lenses like cyclops but not digging them anymore.

Have you talked to Oakley directly? Their customer service is really good about things like this.

I have asked them about several items used in movies and always have gotten straight answers. It would not suppress Meir these are speical made lenses, a lot of gear used in movies are custom made items.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back