Captain America Movie Shield

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm digging it. The brushed steel looks nice.

13391789461_full0078083.jpg

2shieldcap.jpg

4829375085_81e6138097_b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Captain America Movie Shield REVEALED!

That's really nice looking! I like the thought that's gone into the finish/details of what, in comic form, is quite a bland design.

Rich

I love it, very faithful while giving it enough pop with the texture to keep it from being bland. After seeing that I can't ever settle for a smooth one in my collection.

oooh that's purty. I've never much cared for Cap, but that is a nice looking piece,

+

the fact they've set it up in a really nice way to be seen at the show

Nice! That's got more a "real world" functional look to it then those bright contrast comic book colors. Kind of like what they did with Iron Man.

I love it, very faithful while giving it enough pop with the texture to keep it from being bland. After seeing that I can't ever settle for a smooth one in my collection.

Couldn't have said it bettery myself. Agreed 100%

I agree, that shield really does "pop". I am very happy to see they nailed this one:thumbsup

Anyone get a shot of the back? The front looks like it's made of multiple rings, each anodized individually. I'm wondering it there is a one piece back to it with the handle or is that pattern on the inside as well.

Anyone get a shot of the back? The front looks like it's made of multiple rings, each anodized individually. I'm wondering it there is a one piece back to it with the handle or is that pattern on the inside as well.

yeah on the other thread created about the same topic ;)

Why is there so much leatherwork on the backside?

I really like the dimensional aspect to it.

I''m sure they were inspired by the original Captain America movie shield. :)
4523889692_3b1608df48_z.jpg

Perhaps they are CNC machined pieces. The leather is holding it together. Maybe.

I thought about that, Mic, but it looks like those four bits of leater are bolted to one, solid, seperate metal piece.
The more I look at it, I think it's extra leather so that Cap has more options to throw and catch the thing other than just the two straps. It makes sense, really.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back