Captain America Movie Shield

If I remember correctly, the movie shield was 26".

I don't remember seeing the actual dimensions anywhere, but 26" is what I came up with back when the first photos were released. Still haven't calculated the depth of the center yet.

I have been wanting to make a replica of this for a while now but just havent had the time. Hopefully I will get started on it before the movie comes out.

Ok so the shield came today.

It's made of plastic that I would say more sturdy than the Iron Man masks but less sturdy than the Thor hammer. It really is in between. Slightly wobbly due to its size and the thickness of the material but isn't so bad when you hold it against you. The armbands on the back are just two elastic straps. I can take a photo if you'd like. Also, it is, in fact, silver on the shield, not white. The star is raised and exaggeratedly so. I can take a profile shot to illustrate if anyone wants to see what I'm talking about.

It doesn't seem small unless I put it up again the hammer, then it seems like 26" or even 25"might be a better size, regardless, for the price I am not complaining. I tried comparing it to the USA Weekend cover that has both together but their different depths make good comparison impossible.

Overall, not so bad.

Last edited:
Not bad, but i don't like how the silver ring is sunken in and at a lower level than the 2 red rings.. the only part that should be lowered is the groove separating the colors.

But yeah it's a toy, not a movie accurate replica so i guess i can't complain :)

Not bad, but i don't like how the silver ring is sunken in and at a lower level than the 2 red rings.. the only part that should be lowered is the groove separating the colors.

But yeah it's a toy, not a movie accurate replica so i guess i can't complain :)

Really? I thought the blue and the silver ring were both sunken in at a lower level than the red and the star. Just my opinion though

If you look close at the SDCC pics of the shield each ring seems to climb up and then drop down to the next ring as shown in the attached drawing. I have added more pictures of my sons shield to show how the strap set-up works for wearing it on your back. The helmet I made uses part of the pepakura file by IRONMANSUITMK6 and the mask available in toy stores.

Here's some fun screen grabs showing off the shield in action-

676423592d743e9e10fa3f21837faa3fa008fd86-Cap_Teaser_Hi_7.jpg

b68b985c6de82cf9839ccf9a4149cde21951808d-Cap_Teaser_Hi_5.jpg

95ccdf6248e16c8567f1a363344a5d694445c04b-Cap_Teaser_Hi_4.jpg

Nick

I picked up the Disguise Inc movie shield. It is what it is, but I wouldnt recommend it for someone looking for a prop replica. Althought the plastic is 'strong' it is also flimsy in the respect that it bends easily and if you shake the shield, it will wobble.
The panels are raised too high and rounded and could use a repaint.
Other than that, it's a nice costume accesory but if you want something displayable, I would hold off until a high-end replica is produced.

That paintjob turned out nicely, I plan on painting mine with Metallics like the Movie shield, you can also buy it much cheaper.

For those who didn't see the other Thread about the Airsoft Shield:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/captain-america-shield-104645/

I posted a reply with a link to a seller that's cheaper for the Shield in post Number #21

I saw this

shield.jpg

from this thread

Are they serious? - Page 2 - Airsoft Canada

the airsoft shield looks pretty good painted up, but I'd like to see better pics..

I just looked up the information for Krylon Fusion Paint and it's formulated for Hard Vinyl Plastics, so it should work. :)

I'll keep everyone posted once I start painting my Shield...

I bought the Tan colored one, but you can buy it in Black also...

In order to paint it in Metallics you need to spray a coat of Gloss Black as a Base coat, then you can use whatever preferred Metallic paints, I plan on using Alclad II.

Got my shield this morning. It's already painted. That'll help :) I thought the tan was the colour of the raw dyed nylon.

I haven't painted it yet. I'll get a pic of the shield up close if you want.

I'm going to use a 2-pack aluminium paint. That way it'll go superhard.
I can then attach the shield to a wood lathe and use Scotch-Brite to create the spun aluminium effect.
This can then be polished and painted with red and blue candies, followed by a lacquer.

Last edited:
What kind of 2-pack aluminium paint are you using?

Can you spray a Clear Coat over it?

I haven't painted it yet. I'll get a pic of the shield up close if you want.

I'm going to use a 2-pack aluminium paint. That way it'll go superhard.
I can then attach the shield to a wood lathe and use Scotch-Brite to create the spun aluminium effect.
This can then be polished and painted with red and blue candies, followed by a lacquer.

I don't have it yet. I get my paints from either Colorite or VSP here in the UK. You have to use a 2-pack clear coat unless you give it an age to defume.

vos did you source your sheild in the uk, the h.k. one sounds good but I always seem to get hit with the import duty whenever I get anyting outside of old blighty

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back