Captain America Movie Shield

Re: Captain America Movie Shield REVEALED!

love the anodized paint job! the etching on the star is perfect!:love

I wonder how much Russ will charge for full sized replicas so we all can wear them to the premiere? LOL!

I thought about that, Mic, but it looks like those four bits of leater are bolted to one, solid, seperate metal piece.
The more I look at it, I think it's extra leather so that Cap has more options to throw and catch the thing other than just the two straps. It makes sense, really.
It would also probably allow the character a viable way to carry it on his back like he sometimes did in the comic. (without having to switch to the "backpack hero (or stunt) shield")

I really like the dimensional aspect to it.

I''m sure they were inspired by the original Captain America movie shield. :)
4523889692_3b1608df48_z.jpg
Actually, that's the SECOND Captain America movie shield!

The ORIGINAL Captain America movie shield appeared in 2 made-for-TV movies in the late 1970s, and was a TRANSPARENT shield that doubled as the windshield of Captain America's MOTORCYCLE! :confused

It looked like this:

captainamerica_2.jpg

captainamericatv2.jpg

Be glad... very, VERY glad, that the new movie's producers didn't take inspiration from that depiction of Cap, with his alternate, Evel Knievel-inspired spandex outfit! :confused

i agree with onigirl. looks like there may be a "release" that allows the center of the straps to be released allowing it to be carried on the shoulders.

So is it too early to start asking around to see who has the metal fabrication abilities to make this? I suggest those who know people who build metal r2d2 parts to see if this is something they can tackle. Seems right up their alley being that they make curved metal skins for r2 and domes.

Or perhaps someone who worked on the film can help us out with dimensions and specifics.

I thing there are a bunch of pieces involved that have to fit together perfectly. There's the edge piece in the back, where the leather straps connect to...all the interconnecting circles in the front and all the interconnecting circles in the back to hold it together. I think there Re two sets of circles because the back circles don't align with the circles in the front.

Sooooo.... Rylo, russrep...any r2 builders...any ideas who we can contact to get the ball rolling on this?

The prop nerd in me loves the design, and thinks it's great.

The comic nerd in me hates the design, and wishes they would have kept it red/white/blue and one solid piece like the comics.

They rarely agree on anything, so that is pretty normal.

I guess they couldn't use the "Miracle metal" idea and the mold of a tank hatch in the movies.

Chris

I really love the battle danaged look of the movie shield but I wonder who's gonna have the guts to do it their own replica?

captain+America+Shield.jpg

Captain%2BAmerica%2BStanding.jpg

16223d1296779852-new-photos-chris-evans-captain-america-cap-3_resize.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
Based on the Thor hammer made by the same company, that shield might not be a bad replica if repainted with some leather added to the back. It'd be too small, but still might look nice on the wall.

Not even an attempt at the Alu look? (Yes, I know it's plastic, but still... the white makes it absolutely not look like the movie shield but instead the same classic shield).

I'll wait to see what Museum Replicas, does. I believe they still have this license, no?

Keep us updated! Hopefully it'll be good enough for a nice repaint. Maybe perfect for a battle damage version!

Nick

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back