My Conan swords - [more new swords]

savagesword

What a great forum! I'm a new member and I wanted to share some pics of my work.
Dsc00871.jpg

Dsc00872.jpg

at5.jpg

at3.jpg

blue4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Conan swords

welcome on RPF

very nice sword love it and great work
Conan with Sharzy it's great movie.

bests

Caplan

Hey all,
I work with savagesword, I can attest that these swords are awesome in person! I'm glad he was able to join our little community here, hopefully you like his stuff as much as I do. :)

Great work!
I've alway's loved these swords but good versions of them have just been too expensive.
Any chance you will offer them up in the J.Y.?

Dang! Those look great! So, you sculpted the bronzey bits out of Sculpey and had them cast in metal? And the blade's metal, too? Or... not?

Whether they're all metal, or painted plastic, they look great either way!

Thanks all! Yes, these swords were made to be a functional as possible.

You gotta understand that I was a committed fan...I had to have these!! I couldn't afford the real replicas that were being offered at the time...so I studied everything I could find to try and make my own. I learned how to cut and grind the steel and make a bronze sculpture by making many mistakes...:) But that's the only way to learn.

1. Started with 5160 Spring steel.....cut and ground to shape....hardenned and tempered.
2. I sculpted the guard and pommel from sculpey....made molds....worked with a foundary...and assembled them in my garage.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back