My Conan swords - [more new swords]

Re: My Conan swords

Yup, I'm using 5160 spring steel. I'm using a new 2x72 belt sander .. 36 grit to do the major material removal.
Thanks for the nice comments!

Here's a couple pics of a prototype blade I made on the new grinder...I did a temporary assembly to see the pieces together.... ahhh... i can't get enough of this sword .. :)

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

Wow - I have to own one of each. Can this PLEASE happen, Sir?

It's love at first sight!

Would you mind if I used them in a film?

N.

Whoa! Nice! ... are you grinding that fuller?? I must ask how you managed that! I still mill out my larger grooves, but on my hand crank mill.. it's not a good scene...

sweet! I need to set up more diameter wheels in my shop, right now I'm running 10", 8" and 4" ... never tried a fuller though, but you just inspired me. :) Thanks

Are you on facebook? I have pics of most of the swords I've made on my fb page.

Re: My homemade Conan swords - ready for JY

Here's some pics of the first blade inscriptions. I have them CNC milled, then I etch them with acid to color them black. The inscriptions are extra deep so I can grind the fuller after the inscriptions....this is the easiest way to get the work done.

f11.jpg

f10.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back