My Conan swords - [more new swords]

Re: My Conan swords

I just re-wrapped my first father's sword I ever made....with the generous help of rfp member Nexus6!! He figured it out and sent me a movie of it... MUCH THANKS TO NEXUS6!! A Great Guy!
That looks like a WIN, bro! :cool:thumbsup

Awesome job.

P.S. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Awesome work!

I have been a fan of your work for over 5 years. I love your "Eater of Souls" sword. And look forward to this project as well!

And a shout out to Nexus6 for always sharing his Conan knowlege! He has spent hours and hours researching CTB and he is never stingy with his info! ...nice :)

Thanks crew!

@Nexus6: Thanks, I re-wrapped that handle 5 times....trying different types of leather strap size, thickness, etc... What you see in the picture is 1/8" Tandy Lace. Looks pretty good. I was elated to finally get the wrap right. Much thanks again!!

@Replicant: Thanks for the nice words; That Eater Of Souls was pretty tough...lot of new features were requested on that. I was just digging through my supplies and found some unused bronze castings from 4 years ago... I'll have to make some blades for those poor guys.

Rough Casting

Just got the rough castings back from the foundary.. check out the pic.

Next, I'll clean of the cast, polish, and apply the patina. I'll have some pics up this weekend.

WOW,,love bronze work, very intricate sculpt work there, one of my favorite movie sword, awesome work.

Thanks! I was very happy with the details coming through in the casting. There's many steps in this process and each step adds its own personal character to the finished sculpt. I'm a crazy fanboy for this movie sword and I never get tired of looking at it!

Great news!! I was at the machine shop this morning and I saw them cutting my sword blade. Finally after 4 months!! Should have some good pics in a week or two. Stay tuned!

Quick update!
I spent an afternoon at the machine shop entering in milling data for the blade inscription to help out the old guy for my prototype. I drew up CAD files 4 months ago....and I got to draw them up again for their 15 year old milling system. Frustrating and Satisfying at the same time...hee hee. I've got so much time committed into this, I'm not about to give up now! Even if it means breaking into the shop at night and running the machine myself. All Hail Crom!

Haha. Do as you must....
You've done such an outstanding job on this. I'm a huge fan of these two sword, myself.
Having access to a CNC machine must feel awesome. Like the world is your oyster.

I tell you what, I had all but given up. I went to the shop yesterday expecting to retrieve my steel and part ways with them... they just kept putting me off and I can't stand being 'lied' to. I walk in there...and BAMM>>>>. He is working on a Saturday ON MY SWORDS...three of them!! The profiles were cut and we worked on the grinding for 4 hours...programming the machine and doing some test cuts. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! He said he finally got all his other work done...so he finally had time for my order!! I gave him a big cimmerian bear hug and helped anyway I could. My patience is finally paying off. Can't wait to get some pics!

Keep us updated. I have always wanted Conan's Fathers Sword and had the opportunity to hold the ones they were making at Albion Arms before they ceased production of them. It was worth what they were charging at the time, and now I have the funds and they don't produce them any longer, they have out sourced the work.

savagesword, your dedication is truely paying off. Not many take such time to dedicate to a project like this. I mean you learned a trade, Bronze casting :thumbsup, I envy you.

I cannot waitto seeyour next progress report.

Keep us updated. I have always wanted Conan's Fathers Sword and had the opportunity to hold the ones they were making at Albion Arms before they ceased production of them. It was worth what they were charging at the time, and now I have the funds and they don't produce them any longer, they have out sourced the work.

Actually Albion is selling them again. They reacquired the rights to sell the swords from the old Conan movies when they secured them for the new upcoming Conan movie.

However if you mean by outsourcing their work that you already know they are selling them again but are under the assumption that they are using a different company to make them, I know nothing about that. I just assumed that they are the ones making them, like before. If you heard different, could you provide a link? I'd be interested in reading up on that.

Anywho, just to be clear, Marto is not making them for Albion. Marto has a seperate contract to produce wall hanger versions using stainless steel blades.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back