eFX TIE fighter at SDCC

Well, I 'd like to get the Tie AND the Vader Helmet. Hopefully they won't be released too closely together. But somehow I doubt that they will, eFX has been giving us some good spaces between releases thus far.

Arrgghh, what do to, so may other plans, that really is a beautiful model, well i got till Monday to sort my head out i guess lol.

lee

I know. It's frustrating as I already have the McQuarrie Vader and Luke ESB CV Exclusive helmets on preorder. Now they're giving me the weekend to come up with 350 bucks. Not cool man. Not cool.

Arrgghh, what do to, so may other plans, that really is a beautiful model, well i got till Monday to sort my head out i guess lol.

Arrgghh this has landed too near Christmas for me and unfortunately my wife and kids don't have the TIE on their Christmas list to Santa :(

Lee I so want this as well but beware the shipping to UK adds around $250 and import tax and administration costs could be another £200 + it happened with the X Wing and basically a UK buyer paid more than $500 than a US buyer. It was a hard one to swallow when I got the X Wing.

Not trying to put a dampener on what looks like a fantastic model just being a realist.

If eFX has a UK stockist / supplier I would buy from them if I could get it at close to the what the US guys pay.

I really had this down as a must have but bad timing has bitten me on the arse :(

I still wish eFX all the best with it.

Cheers Chris.

Chris, buddy i have that in mind, import duties...they bite, and, couple that with the fact i HATE any form of preorder bull****, ah i dont know, ive got too many TESB bits flying round my brain right now, having a break from building has given me a little spurt of energy lol.

Great looking model though, best of luck to eFX, but preorders, yeah, the Pulse rifle and D9 rifles spring to mind.....preorders bug me :lol

lee

Lee, you can make a better one - just do that!

I plan to make an ANH one... I have the latest Neisen kit with metal armature, the vintage Koolshade, and plan to redo the wing stars with lasercut material and kit part/resin casting plant ons. I don't mind scratching 4 wingstars to get the super-crisp detail I crave. I'll use my decals, and it will be sweeeeeet.

But that aside - after the X-Wing shipped and everyone pointed out the differences, I personally wouldn't get a studio replica sight-unseen until the group here put it through it paces. But I'm also jaded, and lucky enough to be able to make these myself...

I have to admit this caught me off guard as well. I didn't think preorders on this would be so soon.

But I am going to get one regardless, have been waiting a long time.

I would like to build some of my own stuff some day but just don't have the time to do that right now. So I am going for the instant gratification instead.:lol

Looks like the advert pics on EFX's website are probably a prototype? Does anyone know how they plan to do the wings? Are they cast? Is it a metal screen of some kind? I know it's not Koolshade, just wondering what they decided to use.

Also, how will it be mounted? In a few of the pics I've seen it almost appears to have a threaded square inside the cockpit ball...

When I looked at the EFX site this morning there was a "Details" tab, which has since been removed (although their advert still refers to it). I thought the Details section mentioned lighting, so any other info on that? Not that I'm for lighting, or against it. Just curious.

I will go for this one no doubt about it, hopefully there will be an European distributor to carry the superb TIE. I'd avoid shipping directly from US since customs taxes and shipping costs are huge plus the new VAT tax here which is 24% (in EU is still mostly 19%).

Saved this money for a very long time, even with my recent health problems I didn't touch the money for the TIE. So this replica will be mine, passed on too many things to let this go - and fits perfectly in my OT Imperials focus.

This looks beautiful. Someone didn't notice that the cockpit window frame was put on upside down for the advertising pics though! :lol
I'd be interested to hear what they used for the Koolshade too because just having those solar panels painted doesn't cut it in my opinion.
I thought they would have illuminated the cockpit and put a pilot in there like they did with the X-Wing too.

Our own Greeblie Gremlin borrowed a snippet of my vintage Koolshade and recreated it in 3d, which was then grown locally as a very thin and very convincing pattern. It is not pass-through like real louvers, but it has the correct number of louvers, the correct thickness to the braided wire binding the louvers to each other, etc. It will be not-as-good-as real Koolshade, but a-LOT-better than what Icons did and what the stunt versions have. It'll look pretty cool, especially if they paint it to give the same sheen that Koolshade has.

Sounds cool. It's the "sheen" which is the most important part of that stuff. I've never seen a painted version have the correct sheen so the eFX solution sounds pretty good.

This looks beautiful. Someone didn't notice that the cockpit window frame was put on upside down for the advertising pics though! :lol
I'd be interested to hear what they used for the Koolshade too because just having those solar panels painted doesn't cut it in my opinion.
I thought they would have illuminated the cockpit and put a pilot in there like they did with the X-Wing too.

OOPS! Thanks for catching that! That picture was taken by our vendor in Asia. . When I was there a couple weeks ago, I had them make some corrections to the canopy, so in order get images with the corrected canopy on our website, I had them take the pictures for us.

Will get that corrected!

Bryan

No probs Bryan! Glad I could help. :cool

Chris

OOPS! Thanks for catching that! That picture was taken by our vendor in Asia. . When I was there a couple weeks ago, I had them make some corrections to the canopy, so in order get images with the corrected canopy on our website, I had them take the pictures for us.

Will get that corrected!

Bryan

Will get that corrected!

Bryan

Bryan,

I would absolutely love to buy this TIE fighter but shipping with import duties is a major factor for people outside the US. I know you can do nothing about import duties but can anything be done on shipping prices for anybody outside the US especially people who bought the X Wing and would like to buy eFX merchandise.

When eFX launched the X Wing I believe as a gift to the people who had pre paid in the US shipping was announced to be free (which was a mild kick in the nuts for non US people who had also prepaid). For me and others in the UK shipping and tax cost hundreds.

Could eFX do a loyalty shipping cost for non US customers or could eFX get a UK outlet or supplier.

As I say I would love to get this but these additional costs are strangling any chance to buy it.

Sorry for getting out my begging bowl but non US based prop fans like eFX products and also want eFX to succeed but I am sure we are not a large part of your market.

Chris

Cannot wait to get this one. I am wondering if they are going to have a pilot inside like the Red Five did. I thought I saw photos of it with a pilot.

Bryan,

I would absolutely love to buy this TIE fighter but shipping with import duties is a major factor for people outside the US. I know you can do nothing about import duties but can anything be done on shipping prices for anybody outside the US especially people who bought the X Wing and would like to buy eFX merchandise.

When eFX launched the X Wing I believe as a gift to the people who had pre paid in the US shipping was announced to be free (which was a mild kick in the nuts for non US people who had also prepaid). For me and others in the UK shipping and tax cost hundreds.

Could eFX do a loyalty shipping cost for non US customers or could eFX get a UK outlet or supplier.

As I say I would love to get this but these additional costs are strangling any chance to buy it.

Sorry for getting out my begging bowl but non US based prop fans like eFX products and also want eFX to succeed but I am sure we are not a large part of your market.

Chris

Hi Chris!

We do have a distributor in the UK. It is Amerang. Their contact information can be found on our website.

As for shipping, I found out that there is a special program now offered by FedEX. On certain days of the week they give a huge discount. This is because a lot of the planes are going back to foreign countries empty. For example, right now, the discount to Hong Kong is 72% if we ship on Tuesdays and Fridays! I do not know what it is to the UK, but it is also subject to change depending on the time of year, etc. Of course, if we get the discount, we will pass it on to our customers.

Hope this helps!

Bryan

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back