Red Planet

They come up every now and then. Im a fan of this film too. This I think was a good buy. sold for $956 just a little while ago. Even though its made up from a couple of actors still damn cool...

6550.jpg

Last edited:
Also the ship sat rotting away on the WB backlot for years and now made its way to the rubbish Tip I was told.

ce2f692de3fc54ce90308a6b.jpg

20ced6dbadbbedd683ff0056.jpg

more back lot pics:
xman's photos - Backlot WB Studios Gold Coast

-Aaron

This is a shame. They should put it in my yard where it would be appreciated. An old farmer out in my area has a replica (I think its just a replica) of an Apollo capsule sitting on his farm rotting away. I may try and sneak pics of it. The only place to stop on the road to see it is a bad spot to be pulling over. He repeatedly refuses to sell the blasted thing.

Thank you for the link to the short. I knew Warner Brothers was renting the suits from their wardrobe department before Backlot props got them, but I never saw this short. I had an opportunity to buy a full suit from Backlot , but didn't have the cash at the time. Then a Last Starfighter suit took priority over the Val Kilmer incomplete suit at the last Heritage auction. If only I'd have known the bidding would have stopped below $1000.00. Thanks, Jeff

Abacus former backlot props was selling off Carrie's full space suit . They were taking offers , The suit had the helmet it was amazing . Not sure if they ended up getting what they wanted but from what I remember it was way over priced.

Hi folks!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what kind of shoes the boots on the space suit were made from?

I had a pair of the athletic shoes about seven years ago but I cant remember any more. The soles were very funky.

Thanks

Nice to see others enjoyed this film and it's props as well as I did.

I love this film !! Red Planet ranks amongst my all-time favourites.

What I have been looking for is a model of AMEE. I don't suppose they were ever made ?

amee-profile.jpg

Last edited:
I love this film !! Red Planet ranks amongst my all-time favourites.

What I have been looking for is a model of AMEE. I don't suppose they were ever made ?

There was one made funny enough I was just talking to the guy that made it, he still has it. He's going to send through some photos it was the only one made... keep you posted

This is a shame. They should put it in my yard where it would be appreciated. An old farmer out in my area has a replica (I think its just a replica) of an Apollo capsule sitting on his farm rotting away. I may try and sneak pics of it. The only place to stop on the road to see it is a bad spot to be pulling over. He repeatedly refuses to sell the blasted thing.

If it's too bad a spot to pull over, just do a drive-by and try to avoid the blur!

Elemental LLC has some amazing photo albums on the making of the space suits for sale on their site. I bought one and it's very cool to see Carrie Moss getting suited up.

Dex

Hi folks!

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but does anyone know what kind of shoes the boots on the space suit were made from?

I had a pair of the athletic shoes about seven years ago but I cant remember any more. The soles were very funky.

Thanks

I actually sculpted one of the boots for the film... (I think the right side) but I don't remember what the base shoe was inside for the final suit... I also did some serious work on the helmets, as well. ;) It was a short, but fun project to be on. A good memory.

I actually sculpted one of the boots for the film... (I think the right side) but I don't remember what the base shoe was inside for the final suit... I also did some serious work on the helmets, as well. ;) It was a short, but fun project to be on. A good memory.

I did a lot of work on the helmets too, (and the spacesuits).
Thought they turned out great!

What all did you do?

I did a lot of work on the helmets too, (and the spacesuits).
Thought they turned out great!

What all did you do?

At XFX... alot of helmet cleanup of parts and prep for plating, and all the magnetic stuff for the attachment of all the upper helmets to the collars... yea, I liked that project very much. The people were great and the mood was pretty fun.

I have a lot of reference photos of the suits from Backlot if anyone is interested. I used to own one of them and recently bought another complete suit

Steve

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back