Green Lantern Movie Ring

Lets hope we get some really good photos of the ring soon - I can hardly contain myself during the wait!
See, here's what I'm thinking... I'm thinking there's 2 possibilities here:
  1. Whoever the lucky poozer is that won the ring, he is NOT one of us. He does NOT realize the importance of showing that ring off on the interwebz because he's NOT a comic book fanboy, and thus he's sitting there enjoying his prize in private, with no CLUE as to how much he's disappointing all of us by keeping quiet. (n)angry
  2. He IS one of us, and WANTS to share images and info, but he CAN'T, because the people at WB and/or DC Comics made him sign some kind of craptacular Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Which one of these possibilities will turn out to be what's actually going on? Time will tell. Always does.

I say it's option 2.
NO WAY would WB allow a regular Joe to walk out of there with one of those rings without agreeing to some form of restriction.
It's really a waiting game right now....but its always the waiting thats the hardest.

I think there are a lot of details on the ring we're not seeing yet.
If you look at the image of the video game artwork, the ring looks like it has text or images inscribed on the sides - also, it looks like the inner diameter of the ring may be metal (which makes sense) and the rest of the ring cast in a clear green. The pic of Reynolds wearing the ring at Comic-Con really shows that the ring appears to be a clear plastic of some kind - weather or not it actually has a metal surface for the inner diameter I don't know for sure.

Haven't noticed it in this thread, so here's the promo art Warner Bros. released for the movie back in early June... it's still the best official image we have of the movie power ring right now...

green_lantern_promo_art_small.jpg

green_lantern_promo_art_large.jpg

Yeah, I'm really surprised we haven't seen SOMETHING from the "lucky winner." I'd really love a better look at this sucker!!

Yeah, I'm really surprised we haven't seen SOMETHING from the "lucky winner." I'd really love a better look at this sucker!!
Yep. If I was the lucky winner, even if WB made me sign some stupid NDA, I would, at the very LEAST, be going to this forum, and the Green Lantern Corps Message Board, and basically EVERY message board I'm a member of, and I'd be proudly announcing to the world that I was the luckiest GL fanboy in the history of the Green Lantern franchise, and I'd say something along the lines of "I'm under a NDA until XX/XX/2011, expect nice, detailed photographs to hit this site on that date!" :)

It's a shame the ring's actual new owner hasn't bothered to do something similar. Wottadouche! (n)rolleyes

That's freakin AWESOME! I would totally buy it if they were making them now. That's the thing, I don't understand why they wouldn't sell the rings now, before the movie hits the theatres. I'd like a Chunky Sinestro Corps ring :D :D

That's freakin AWESOME! I would totally buy it if they were making them now. That's the thing, I don't understand why they wouldn't sell the rings now, before the movie hits the theatres. I'd like a Chunky Sinestro Corps ring :D :D

There is a massive licensing campaign going on right now - a lot of the licenses hasn't been awarded yet, including the license to do replica props from the movie.
Most of the time, you won't see products for a movie roll out until at least a month or two before the movie hits.
Honestly, it sucks to admit, but we may be waiting until next summer to see the first officially licensed movie rings start to roll out.
I guess I just have to find something else to help pass the time...:sleep

I really hope Noble doesn't grab the license. Honestly, I think their products are of inferior quality (as seen by the Harry Potter stuff, etc). Maybe it's just me, but I don't like them for products. Hopefully a better company gets a hold of the license :D

I really hope Noble doesn't grab the license. Honestly, I think their products are of inferior quality (as seen by the Harry Potter stuff, etc). Maybe it's just me, but I don't like them for products. Hopefully a better company gets a hold of the license :D

I was just talking with a friend today how we both hope Noble stays FAR away from this license.
You're right, they can't seem to get anything right - either by choice or sheer ignorance.
With any luck, the prop studio behind the movie rings will have a hand in supplying the licensed replicas - lets just keep our hopes up.
And if all else fails...well, there's always our trusty RPF artists!

See, here's what I'm thinking... I'm thinking there's 2 possibilities here:
  1. Whoever the lucky poozer is that won the ring, he is NOT one of us. He does NOT realize the importance of showing that ring off on the interwebz because he's NOT a comic book fanboy, and thus he's sitting there enjoying his prize in private, with no CLUE as to how much he's disappointing all of us by keeping quiet. (n)angry
  2. He IS one of us, and WANTS to share images and info, but he CAN'T, because the people at WB and/or DC Comics made him sign some kind of craptacular Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Which one of these possibilities will turn out to be what's actually going on? Time will tell. Always does.

Well, for starters it was a girl who won it.

Well, for starters it was a girl who won it.

Well she is one lucky young lady. Very impressive!

I'd definitely like to have better pics of the ring, but I wonder how much of the ring will be CGI on the screen. I get the feeling that a lot of effects concerning the ring aesthetics will be created in movie magic.

But hey, from what I've seen, I like it!

Any special effects shots involving the ring (like the image from EW showing the ring floating above Hal's palm) will certainly be CG, but I know for a fact a number of rings were hand crafted for the movie so I suspect we will see a lot of the physical prop as well.
We gotta face facts that a GL movie - fundamentally - has to be a CG heavy production. The original Superman movie did not have (nor need) CGI, but that was pulled off nicely. You can't do the same thing with GL. The quality of the CGI is either going to make or break the film...

I do agree wholeheartedly! CGI will be a huge part of this film and it should end up being magical and not a hindrance. I'm certain we'll see more of the former than the latter.

Now about that ring...

I'm just itching to see close detailed shots of the ring. I know it will be some time before a licensed ring hits the market (at least a month prior to the movie is released) but I guess I just want to see what this puppy really looks like...

Here is your winner.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f287799e970b-pi

Hero Complex's website will be doing an interview. I had heard the winner will not be actually receiving the ring until after the movie comes out. that would make sense if it were true. there is NO way detailed photos of this ring are getting out before the movie. If they do, someone will have their pants sued off.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back