Green Lantern Movie Ring

That looks like a pic of a video screen at SDCC. Are those Ryan Reynolds' dainty little fingers? :)

I wonder if this counts as a reveal, and so we can get our real look at the ring? :)

This is the best image available right now of the movie power ring... promotional poster art for the Green Lantern video game based on the movie...

glgameposter.jpg

you're such a nice person. thank you. i would like to be your friend. will you be my friend?

LOL for attitude... YES

I can see minor differences (other then the adding of the color) in the Movie ring to the one you showed, but it most assuredly appears to be based off that one.

I have to admit, I prefer the signet style as well. This one just looks too over-the-top for me.

I've passed on every GL ring made so far, because I wanted this style.

I even tried to make one when I first was learning to use a mill or lathe, and I sucked at it so I gave up.

Procrastination pays off again.

What I don't get is why the Movie Companies and Prop companies weren't selling those rings at Comic-Con.

Why wait until the movies comes out?

Wouldn't it be better now?

If you are GL fan and they offered the ring now, you'd buy it. If you hate the movie after it's out you won't.

They need to learn to release this stuff in advance if it's something with a built in audience.

I really want to consider making this a project for myself when we get better pics. I want to think of a subtle way to make the ring glow when you make a clenched fist.

Of course if some genius here has already figured it out, then disregard me please!

Last edited:
The ring looks like it is made from crystal - not actually made with crystal, but made to LOOK like that. Organic, just like the costume. At least, thats how it looks from that coimicon pic - though blurry, it looks like it has a translucency like glass or something.
I'm all for a replica of this ring - I'm hoping the license holder will go to the source and have the master made from an original - and lets really hope they do multiple sizes! I just ordered the DC Direct Honor Guard ring which only comes in a size 11 (or 12?) and is advetised as 'display' only.
Who wants a GL ring that they can't wear??

metal is crystal

That's a good one... I'll take a single crystal metal ring please.

I would consider making them from translucent green acrylic with a LED to make it glow. I just finished designing a new tiny LED circuit board for this very purpose.

I would consider making them from translucent green acrylic with a LED to make it glow. I just finished designing a new tiny LED circuit board for this very purpose.

Just as I was dusting off the old soldering iron... you beat me to it.

What you're talking about sounds perfect. I was thinking something pressurized in the ring cavity somewhere. Question for you; how fragile would the ring be if designed in acrylic that includes electronics, in your opinion?

This is the ring I was referring to. It's not my pic, but one I found online. I bought one years ago but damned if I can find it anywhere.

Chris

I have that ring, bought it from a rpf member who was a jeweler
he made them from sterling silver painted them green.

That's a good one... I'll take a single crystal metal ring please.

I would love to see one of these...........
As I would love to own one also.......

Just as I was dusting off the old soldering iron... you beat me to it.

What you're talking about sounds perfect. I was thinking something pressurized in the ring cavity somewhere. Question for you; how fragile would the ring be if designed in acrylic that includes electronics, in your opinion?

I think it would hold up pretty well. You can also polish acrylic if it gets scratched.

The way I have it designed so far is it's made from multiple sections of laser cut acrylic, but this was for an older style Hal ring. There's a small PCB with green LEDs and a watch battery that is spring loaded so it turns on when you put it on your finger. I'm still working out the details so we'll see how it goes.

Making the new movie ring would be much harder. You would have to machine it from a single large block and have an insert for the top section. I'd imagine casting it in a green tinted urethane would be much easier.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back