Green Lantern Movie Ring

Wow... that ring looks terrible in comparison to Bimmers, Zenix, and Batjeepsters casts...

I agree with the above poster... some of the mods of the TRU ring look better than that "official" ring...

I wonder what his defence would be if someone pointed out that the ring looks nothing lke the DC Direct ring, which was also supposedly taken from casts of the movie prop ring.

Glad I found this board, otherwise I might have been one of those unfortunate suckers to buy one of these rings :wacko

Well I finally got his number and we had "a chat"... His ring is all about the "Art" he said. I confronted him on many the things like EXACT and why the stolen photos were used...

Without cutting him down too hard I pointed out all the flaws and again he just talked circles, bottom line he knows couple studio guys that are slipping him film cells which I am sure from trailers and the left over press kit DVD's. He does what we do but on larger scale with less quality and high prices... He is used car salesman that talks good game, but I wasn't fooled. Bottom line con artist... like we expected! All about the money no quality... I'd rather have EVERYTHING but the ring, nice box too! LOL

I bet we all nail his auction vie eBay with copy-write infringement he will get shut down fast, but it take a lot of us for them to see through his smoke screen.

Looking at that site, it looks like any one can register pretty much anything. I tried looking up the registry number from his pic and there is no record. I guess he leaves it for the buyer to register, but if this was legit I would think it would already be registered and the seller would just transfer the registry to the buyer.

It's about time that he used pics of the actual item so that buyers can see just how horrible these look. I also notice that his rings are numbered the format "GL00", but there are 500. Shouldn't the format be "GL000".

It really burns me how people like this cheat gullible people out of their money.

Honus: Any updates?

Yep- just finished casting a few so I think I'm good to go. The battery snaps right in and it fits in the ring just perfect. :)
truGLringBatteryHolderMolded.jpg

battery.jpg

truGLringBatteryHolderInstalledNoBattery.jpg

What I really need to do is make a multi part mold so I can cast a whole bunch at once. Injection molding would really be the way to go but molds are a bit expensive...

I started a FS thread in the Junkyard here-
http://www.therpf.com/f13/green-lantern-ring-led-121625/

Last edited:
Jack T Chance, did he post actual pics of his ring?

and Honus, i'll 3d print them for ya, way cheaper and easier than working with molds and resin.

He has pics of his ring up. I just looked at his auction and photos- that ring is terrible! It's not even remotely close to being accurate. The entire auction is a joke.

Zenix,
I just cast a dozen of the LED inserts- yours will be on its way Monday. I'll be curious to see how they print. :)

270522_197912973589823_100001133645008_478791_2786590_n.jpg

Because I'm cheap, I bought the plastic toy ring that comes with almost every Green Lantern toy. I had to dremel out the ring to make it fit my pudgy finger, lol. Also painted the gray part silver, made it look better I think.

@ Norse Iron Man: You should get the Toys R Us exclusive ring. That one is similar to the crappy action figure ring, but it has a metal band... And it looks much better after some customization. :)

Hey Everyone, I have a question, what would be the best way to put in some light green highlights into the TRU ring?

Thanks,
Shade 88.

Unfortunately it still looks as though he's sold about a dozen of these things... :confused

I especially like the negative feedback of the buyer that stated "The item described was falsely advertised and is unofficial."

The seller's response stated "Refund authorized, shown manufacturers invoice describing item 100% accurate"

Read the description of the auction item# 120745532777 -it's complete 100% fraud. I love how the auction states the appraised value is $595 and it is a limited edition authentic piece and don't buy a copy/imitation online.

If an artist states a hand made ring is worth a certain value then an appraiser is required to list it for that value- it's a joke because the seller sets the value and in this case the seller is probably also the appraiser. It isn't actually worth that amount- not by a long shot especially since the rings he's selling aren't even remotely accurate. Anything can be labeled limited edition- whoop de doo. Ditto for the term registered. The term "authentic" is where you can get into a lot of trouble- he is very, very stupid in this regard.

If DC were to stick it to this guy they could get him for a minimum of $750 (and a maximum of $150,000) for each ring sold since he is willfully selling these as authentic reproductions of the movie ring (provided he was dumb enough to ignore a C&D.) They don't even have to show that he made a profit. His newer auctions are worded differently (and have a lower appraised value) but he's still saying they are "an authentic prop replica."

OOoooo trust me we know! I listen to this guy talk in circles for about 15 mins one day! He got very defensive when I questioned his COA's He keep stating this was a piece of "art" not a prop. If you like to call him or know someone at DC I have all his info! I wish everyone on this thread would report him to ebay!

I just reported every ring he has up for sale to ebay under REPORT ITEM

-Copyright and trademark
-Counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer
-Disclaimer about the authenticity or legality of an item

If anyone would also like to nail this guy here are current auctions, only few clicks could save someone some heartache!

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tive=1&itemId=170670928644&seller=bondgallery

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tive=1&itemId=120752956733&seller=bondgallery

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tive=1&itemId=120753118705&seller=bondgallery

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tive=1&itemId=120753525370&seller=bondgallery

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tive=1&itemId=120759306954&seller=bondgallery

I also have a friend at ebay see if he can do anything... This makes me so mad. Its not the making a prop, its claiming its real when its not even close! :angry

Got call into friend at ebay to see what can be done, he ripped off some girl overseas and this guy needs shut down! Will you guys report him to please...

This is what she told me what happened:
krista.marie21 said:
Hi Stitch,
NO I did not get my money back. He offered me only 50% of it back in the first place and now he has not mentioned a word of it to me all since all he keeps complaining about is his company's reputation being tainted with my feedback. I confronted him and he is not co-operating, I sent him back his crappy ring within the 3 days he requested and now he is plan just ignoring my messages. I paid him £190 ($310) which is so much all of my hard-earned saved money which was for my partner's birthday present that is now ruined. I'm so glad someone else has pointed out his false miss leadedness. Did he do the same to you?

I am going to make sure she has filed claim with ebay! Any idea?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back