Green Lantern Movie Ring

The ring in the screencap all sides appear more or less equal while the one you posted is not. The $10 one is longer than it is wide. While it could be made into a fast piece for cosplay, it wouldn't be accurate no matter how much paint was applied.
i disagree.
scaled.php

since they can play 15 minutes of paintbrush for the movie costume, i can for the movie ring.

Last edited:
This is the ring I was referring to. It's not my pic, but one I found online. I bought one years ago but damned if I can find it anywhere.

Chris

for some reason that ring has never photographed what it actually looks like. it is a little squat.

This is the ring I was referring to. It's not my pic, but one I found online. I bought one years ago but damned if I can find it anywhere.

Chris
i misunderstood you. sorry about that

No store bought ring I assure you that. It was designed and modeled in 3D. Thought I would tease you all a little bit here, been waiting for this thread to appear to do this.

Can you guess what this is?

I REALLY wish they had gone with the traditional, "Silver Age" Hal Jordan signet-style ring...
Actually that ring was worn by Hal in the comics. The ring changed a few times with various artists. It's the costume that's the big change.BTW I would have also perfered the signet style ring but this one is still true to the comics.
12206L.jpg

No store bought ring I assure you that. It was designed and modeled in 3D. Thought I would tease you all a little bit here, been waiting for this thread to appear to do this.

A 4 axis mill. They come in pretty handy when machining ring patterns.

Actually that ring was worn by Hal in the comics. The ring changed a few times with various artists. It's the costume that's the big change.BTW I would have also perfered the signet style ring but this one is still true to the comics.
12206L.jpg
Yeah. When you're a fan of a particular title, you have to deal with artistic license when there are multiple pencillers. However, ^that^ style of ring was usually drawn for the other Lanterns; I liked Hal's being different:

(From one of the most awesome storylines ever; issue #49, where Hal basically becomes a god)

Nice!

I have that one silver ring with the green center. I suppose after seeing this, it's not accurate. I got it from Metropolis Con a couple years ago.

388237082_o.jpg

thats the new honor guard ring. its alot closer to that one, than the kyle ring.

do we all agree? i can paint green on the face of that one like i did the other one if you want.

thats the new honor guard ring. its alot closer to that one, than the kyle ring.

do we all agree? i can paint green on the face of that one like i did the other one if you want.

That's definitely closer to the screencap although those can be misleading until we can see the prop in an up-close clear setting. By the way, did you have to be so sarcastic in your post? If being disagreed with upsets you, you might be in the wrong place here.

Is that how SkinnyDog made the ring for the movie?

John

The movie ring's face looks like it may have a texture to it - like an ice carving, which would make sense considering they are going for an 'organic' look for the suit.
It looks a lot like the Honor Guard ring that is on presale right now, but I suspect there WILL be a licensed replica of this ring at some point.
Hopefully we get some better shots of this ring real soon. I've been waiting pretty impatiently for the first movie photos to be released and I'm already thirsting for more!
The last time I was this excited about a movie was Episode III....

I just hope the film is good,Green Lantern was a fav of mine as a kid.....but lemme be honest here-DC pretty much sucks ass at getting their characters on screen,Marvel is tromping them :unsure

BTW I just want to slide an idea to you prop makers for the rings from the firearms side of things-tritium,a low radioactive material which glows for fifteen to twenty years,would make a good insert for a GL ring.

BTW I just want to slide an idea to you prop makers for the rings from the firearms side of things-tritium,a low radioactive material which glows for fifteen to twenty years,would make a good insert for a GL ring.

yeah, tritium is awesome. I have a Luminox watch. I have been wanting a "One Ring" with tritium under the elvish for some time now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back