Scarecrow, Arkham asylum FINISHED! pg3

Hey, I'm currently working on my own scarecrow costume. Can I ask where you got the EL wire from? Did you order it online? What were the specs for your EL wire? I'm having difficulty with that aspect of the glove/claw/hand/gauntlet.

Absolutely love this costume :D Brilliant job :) I was looking through the internet, as i am making one for a months time, and this one really caught my eye, and I am modelling off this quite a bit xD I know this thread hasn't been replied to in a while, but I was just wondering, if you're still here, how you did the paint job on the respirator filters, and the gauntlet? I don't think some silver paint would get the desired worn effect that you got...
Many thanks :)

This is the best scarecrow i have seen. Great job! Theres a type of ooze thing you can make that would look cool in the sirenges. With your glowing wires it would go perfect. This would also look good for Banes venom.
How to Make Slime (Ninja Turtle Ooze): http://youtu.be/Ayx49u7kG64

the gas mask i got was just a simple painters rebreather, like a really cheap one with foam filters, more used for dance clubs than actually for painting

Sorry to beat a Dead Horse here, but I read all the comments, and I'm building my version of Arkham Asylum Scarecrow and don't know whether to just get the filters and see if they can be like hot glued to the mask or just buy a respirator mask? I went on ebay and some of those dual respirator gas masks for raves are actually more expensive than the actual functional ones you find at home improvement supply stores.
Anyone ,any suggestions ?

Last edited:
For my current build I'm using (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BH93HV2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). it was fairly cheap and worked well. I removed the filter/paper on the inside and painted it all all.
CAM00874.jpg

CAM00876.jpg

maskhood.png

BTW love this build, it helped me a ton when working on my own :).

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back