Scarecrow, Arkham asylum FINISHED! pg3

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I've been looking online trying to find some good ones of this character since I'm wanting to make a female version of it. Yours is the best and most realistic one I've came across. I'm still stuck on trying to figure out how to make my mask.

This is absolutely amazing! I am looking to make something exactly like this myself for halloween (as you can see I'm giving myself plenty of time to get it right ;) )

What process did you go through to create the mask? It looks much more fitted than just having a burlap sack over your head, as it appears to sit almost flush with your face around the eyes.

Well done on this, the Scarecrow is one of the msot underrated Batman villains!

Also, what kind of a voice changer did you install?

There was a reason that the AA Scarecrow was voted one of the best villans of the year, and you have done an amazing job on it. To echo the post above mine..what base did you use for the mask? Also what pattern did you use for the hood? Looks like an Archers mantle, or did you just freelance the pattern yourself?
Also interested in the details of the voice changer

Freaking awesome man, the people's creativity on here is so awesome, I've said it before, and I'll say it again, some of it is just on such a professional level, it makes me feel bad when I buy stuff on Ebay instead of making it on my own. Awesome Scarecrow, just effin awesome!!!

yeah the mask is a custom build,
i took a painters mask and built wiremesh over it, shaped it very carefully and then applied fabric over that, which has its own shaping, as well as shading with paints to really pop some of the details.

i have foam inserted in various places to help protect myself from the wire mesh,
and yes, the mask is flush with my eye sockets almost, but to give even more of a skull like visage, i extended the features of the mask out, so it looks like the eye sockets are extra deep.

the hood was an archers hood design, modified.
i had an archer outfit for renfaires i bought, that i copied the basic pattern from, and then over exaggerated a few areas to really give it that comic book style.

potters linen is what i used for most of the outfit,
and the biggest detail that i think really makes my version kind of stand out, is the level of weathering i've used.
tears (as in rips not crying), blood, other fluids.. as well as grime and dirt, it gives it a great realistic and dangerous look, that a "clean" costume would not have, really adds to the fear in my opinion.

so basically, my biggest suggestion to scarecrow fans of the AA version? try to look like your from the movie SAW, and your on the right track.

I just saw you on Inner Space at Fan Expo! Looked awesome!

wait what? i've only taken this costume to two cons, SDCC '10 and ALA '11 o_O if you 'saw' me anywhere else, it was NOT me.

My boyfriend was thinking about going as Scarecrow for Halloween. I was going to make the costume for him but now I'm kinda intimidated. lol Your costume is AMAZING!!!

Very Impressive. This definitely opens up alot of opportunities. Great Idea. I will definitely use this as a reference if you don't mind. Perfect portrayal of Arkham Asylum Scarecrow, in my opinion.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back