Scarecrow, Arkham asylum FINISHED! pg3

Re: Scarecrow, Arkham asylum

Whoa. That is one amazing effort. Kudos to you for making that. Also, what did you use for the rest of the costume (the actual cloth)?

im curious about the EL wiring. were you able to wire multiple wires to one battery pack?

and what did you use to make the vials and gauntlet?

You have done an oustanding job on this costume. Your attention to detail is great. I haven't got to play AA but you are definitely making me want to.

You could use velcro strapping to attach the battery pack around your arm up above the canisters, if the costume is loose enough in that area. Just a thought.

Just going to echo what has already been said. Excellent work on this. The weathering is great. Really sells the whole thing.

This costume is coming out incredible! I'd love to get some more pics of your mask, maybe like the inside to get a better idea of how you put it together.

This is one of the best representations of the scarecrow character ever and this is definitely the best costumes of this version I have seen. Crazy.

great job. by far the coolest and most badass scarecrows ever. You have done an amazing job. I would add eye black around the eyes to add a darker look to him. Bravo job buddy cant wait to see it completed.

OH THAT IS EPIC!! i really want to do this costume to, but i'de rather not walk around half nude hehehe..

I really wanted to rez this thread when i had some Pro photos of the costume, but oh well.
It was a big hit.
I managed to scare (unintentionally) quite a few con go'ers and even met the voice actor who done the character, Dino Andrade, who is a huge geek, and a huge costume fan (he also runs a geek dating site called soulgeek, which i thought was a pretty awesome idea)

Anyway here are a few shots of the DC characters i met.

P1040861.jpg

P1040863.jpg

Perhaps my fave picture at the con with other costumers, you'd be surprised how many batmans don't know how to pose for a punch.
P1040868.jpg

Dino, and I
P1040879.jpg

A totally unintentional nightwing in the background.
Also, the harley and Joker are part of a group called Gotham Public Works.
P1040885.jpg

Man I love that patchwork, it looks amazing! Best scarecrow costume I have ever seen.

Wow! Excellent scarecrow Kommissar! I always thought that the game version was the coolest looking scarecrow I've ever seen and you definitely pulled it off.

Very impressive. If I might suggest and it would make an already awesome costume even better. Black out contacts and maybe airbrush your body some. high lite your ribs and dirty up your arms.

Very impressive. If I might suggest and it would make an already awesome costume even better. Black out contacts and maybe airbrush your body some. high lite your ribs and dirty up your arms.

the first day i did use makeup to bring out my ribs and arms further, but for the other day, i was in costume for half of it, and in a suit helping run the masquerade the rest.. makeup on the body + a suit is not a combo i wanted to try. i appreciate the advice though!
i may go for black out contacts some time.
i want to work out how to make the eyes glow sometime as well

That is one awesome costume, Kommissar! Perhaps you can install LED's in the mask around the eye area, sorta like the Iron Man route.

so a few friends and i went out for a romp in the forest, sadly the batt pack was on the fritz
(we've found an abandoned themepark nearby we plan to take some shots of later when the gauntlet is working properly IE glowing)

but yeah, heres some fun shots of the finished costume, i'm really happy with how some of these came out.

4909033421_92778527c5_b.jpg

4909002599_c1d8383a4d_b.jpg

4908866609_b53f70c83f_b.jpg

4908861241_f2f23c3590_b.jpg

4908860479_bc83a69c95_b.jpg

4908819271_4d4de40b2d_b.jpg

4909374162_2e9e765752_b.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back