Scarecrow, Arkham asylum FINISHED! pg3

Re: Scarecrow, Arkham asylum

You could try filling the syringes with a translucent white wax, or even plain hot glue, around the EL wire.

Also, it looks like in the game the syringes are attached to the glove. I don't think his fingers go inside them more than a quarter inch or so. Would probably be easier to do it like that than have your fingers down in the liquid.

yea, wax or hotglue. I would suggest melting hotglue in a double boiler and then pouring it into the tube. then, before it dries, put the EL wire into it and a dowel about as big as your finger tips into it so when it dries, you have space for your fingers to fit. the light diffuses better through solid matter rather than air.

Not fantastic, but it will work for now, i'm going to improve it when i have more time.
heres the claw primed, need to touch up a few spots, and add some more wax paper to three of the syringes.

you can see the enormous batt pack in the second shot, damn thing is huge.
pics are kind of snap shots, i'm eager to get back to work with it.

P5120511.jpg

P5120512.jpg

P5120514.jpg

Very cool. :thumbsup Any chance of some more pics of the mask with the hood down?

Sure,
i plan to black out my eyes like for batman masks with some makeup.

P5120517.jpg

P5120516.jpg

P5120518.jpg

oh and you can see some armature wire poking out of the edge of the hood, that will be fixed, i needed to pop a seam to put the wire in, as just using some stiff fabric called interfacing was not cutting it for holding the shape.

Geez man. I'm always blown away by the creativity that people have on this website. Great job! I love the syringes! Are you making this for a specific event such as comic con?

Aggh, i've got the get back to working on this claw,
yes SD comic con, i'll be wearing it on preview night, and perhaps thursday or friday.

Ha ha! I was just thinking that! Would be awesome to run into scarecrow in a haunted house.

I've been considering joining a friends haunted house up in LA for halloween this year, the way this is turning out, i'd be stupid not too.

Update! i like how much this claw reminds me of Bioshock..

Oh! and the needles are bendable plastic, they are the ink reservoirs from disposable ball tip pens.

P1040790.jpg

P1040789.jpg

not so happy with the edges of the transparent areas of the vials.. i think i may carve some plastic to edge them in..
P1040792.jpg

P1040786.jpg

the glow isnt awesome, but i like it for now, LEDs later though..
P1040793.jpg

Last edited:

Surely,
the vials on the "frame" are from kids learning test tubes
the syringes are meat flavor injectors,
the rest is just 2 PVC rigid foam (sintra) bands i shaped with a heat gun,
El wire
and the needles are as i said, disposable pen reservoirs

I feel much better about this now, the lack of framing for the transparent areas of the "chambers" was driving me nutty.

P1040797.jpg

P1040798.jpg

now to just work out how to hide the batt pack

This is probably the BEST scarecrow costue I have ever seen! EVER! Very well done man! The scarecrow isn't even necessarily my favorite villain and you're making me want to do this one!

My god, when I first saw scarecrow in the game I thought to myself that would make a great costume, but no, nobody can do that! And you proved me wrong, right down to the glowing needle glove, excellent work. :)

You could always use EL sheet for the syringes. Consistent lighting, same color and intensity as your EL wire tubing, and it could run off of the same battery pack.

You could always use EL sheet for the syringes. Consistent lighting, same color and intensity as your EL wire tubing, and it could run off of the same battery pack.

can you lash ELwire into ELsheet? otherwise i'll need a new batt pack, as mine only have 4 connections.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back