TRON Flynn's Lamp

Cool. I need to find this eventually. Did the base seller confirm if it's a Tiffany lamp?

I don't believe this is Tiffany. You can search "slag overlay scenic lamp" and find very similar lamps. I have been trying to see who made this lamp but I can't find any info on it.

I just scored the base lamp on Ebay!!! YAY. My lamp is now complete!!! Just an FYI, if anyone is interested in what the total lamp will cost you. I have researched these types of lamps and I feel I got a great deal on mine. I paid $225 for the shade and $92 (shipped) for the base. I have seen these style of lamps going for $400+.

654719857_o.jpg

I don't believe this is Tiffany. You can search "slag overlay scenic lamp" and find very similar lamps. I have been trying to see who made this lamp but I can't find any info on it.

You searched for "slag overlay scenic lamp" on eBay to find the base too? Is there a brand marking on the base? I have to speed things up so I can start my search in a few weeks.

You searched for "slag overlay scenic lamp" on eBay to find the base too? Is there a brand marking on the base? I have to speed things up so I can start my search in a few weeks.

I don't have the base in hand yet. Maybe by Friday or Monday. To search for the bast, I searched:

Lady figurine lamp
bronze lamp art nouveau
female figure lamp
and variations of each one

I found this thread to be rather interesting so I decided to do a bit of web sleuthing and although I couldn't find the exact lamp shade I think I found some useful information. The lamp shade is similar (I can't tell for sure from the screenshots) to a design by a company called Miller, Bradley & Hubbard. After a few attempts I figured out that the best search query in google was "slag glass lamp miller".

I have a feeling that the base is not the original one.

Hope this helps.

Very expensive just for the base, but there is an ebay auction 221204320059 if you're interested.

Yeah, that IS expensive. You're paying for the shade more than the base on that one.

I was VERY lucky. Not only to find the exact shade at a local Swap Meet but also that the guy who was selling it was only asking $225 for it. My base was only $92 shipped.

Anyone ever find the correct lampshade?

We own this lamp. The base is different (it does not have a human figure) and we have seen other bases online with different designs--one looks like a tree. Our lamp does match the base, however--they have the same number etched into the metal.

It is a very cool lamp. We believe it is an H. J. Peters Chicago slag glass lamp. I joined this forum just to post the picture because there seemed to be an interest. Check out the close-up photo--great detail in that metal.

tron_lamp1.jpgtron_lamp2.jpg

--Steve

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back