eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting! Thanks Chris. :) Gives me something else to look at tonight.

so gino, are you saying that none of the other Baker derived helmets will have any remnants of the C-scar? Just curious.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Unless they were added in as they do not exist on the screen helmet or on the actual mold.

Thanks for that post Gino, that explains the eFX production strategy and about satisfies any questions I had regarding that.

Make no mistake, the Darth Vader helmet straight out of the Baker mold has all the warts of the original tantive helmet.
I have proof that the c-scar is not an actual blemish on the actual helmet or in the mold, but am not at liberty to post it.
Feel free to post a pic of your SL showing what you 'think' is that blemish.
I cannot agree to these statements. They are simply false. There is strong indication that the Baker mold was done after the original helmet was fixed up for the footprint ceremony. I've argued at length with SL about this too. It simply lacks very specific details that should be there if it was molded off the Tantive look of the helmet and not later, when certain damage was fixed to some extend, leaving only muted remnants of them behind.

The details show up on different casts in varying degree from two separate mold lineages + on ESB screen helmets. It is in the castings. Not just painted on for show.

Take it for what you will.

Here is a conundrum that has ME puzzled, and since we are asking, I will ask. You are not buying one of these helmets, right? You have a piece you are proud of, am I right? So, what purpose does your asking these questions serve? It comes off as you being jaded that you guys are no longer part of the special clique.

Every question you have posted has been an attempt to do nothing more than attemtp to plant seeds of doubt in the buyers of this piece. You attempt to downplay its significance in the grand scheme of LINEAGED Vader helmets. I am not saying to NOT ask questions. Nuh uh...I am saying the way you ARE asking them is demeaning and self-serving. You ask pointed question about specific blemish that you have gotten answers for. Gino has explained, quite clearly, why said blemishes were removed, yet you still continue on. Again, you are not buying one of these, as I recall you having stated, so it comes off as you simply poo-pooing it to some other end.

I do not know your character, but when you ask in the way you have, not only do you insult eFX for offering such a splendid piece of cinematic history, you insult OUR collective intellect. You make the RPF look like a bunch of Negative Nancies because you FLOOD the thread with repeated questions, just reworded.

I'm also not on the list for one of these, but I recognize it for what it is; This is something that has never been done to this level of care and offered to us geeks. So, instead of pissing all over everyone who wants, and has purchased a spot for one of these helmets, how about leaving off? The questions of WHY the things that were done have been done to these castings has been answered. This is one of the top three Vader helmets available...anywhere, if not the number one.

Dave, be happy with what you have and stop arguing for argument's sake. It is coming off as petty. Just because the SL is no longer the "Be-All/End-All" does not diminish its standing as a top tier Vader. It just means it is no longer the lone wolf available casting.

Now, where is my eFX ESB helmet?(A fella can hope, right?)

On the baker mold, there are tons of specific artifacts and little details in the immediate surrounding area of where the c-scratch would be.
All of those are perfectly intact and crisp.
But where the c-scratch would actually be, it is relatively smooth.

On the baker mold, there are tons of specific artifacts and little details in the immediate surrounding area of where the c-scratch would be.
All of those are perfectly intact and crisp.
But where the c-scratch would actually be, it is relatively smooth.
I know, because that's how it also looks in the Chronicles pictures and footprint ceremony.

It didn't look like that during shooting of the movie.

I know, because that's how it also looks in the Chronicles pictures and footprint ceremony.

It didn't look like that during shooting of the movie.

Sorry to any vader helmet owners who think their helmet has some sort of c-scar remnant, you're just wrong about this.
There's a reason we'll never see one of you post a pic of this area and it's not because you think someone is going to fudge it into their replica.
You should know that specific details cannot be accurately fudged.

If the SL helmet and the eFX helmet come from the baker mold and the baker mold most definitely does not have this detail (as well it shouldn't because the original didn't..ever).

Qui, please re-read everyone's posts. They are respectfully patting the guy on the back for his tremendous skills, or are respectfully disagreeing with specific points he is making............or respectfully asking questions about his "facts". None of this is foul territory considering we are comparing the best of the best vader helmets to one another, trying to decide what is what.

Let's just drop the whole disrespectful to eFX shenanigans........its moot. They are all sold out and we cannot buy either version now. They made a hell of a helmet at a hell of a price. That is my OPINION. That may not apply to all concerned. These helmets were not for everyone. Nothing being sold in a free market is!

For what it's worth, it's none of your business whether I am buying any or none of these helmets. If I find the TRUTH, I may purchase any or all of these helmets. That is what this forum is all about. That is what this thread is all about. This thread is about our holy grail of Star Wars props.

If you can read intent from a posted question Qui, you are a very talented man. One that should go to Vegas every single weekend!!!!

Now back to the eFX helmet.

gino, do you have pictures of the moulds that you could share with the RPF??? Perhaps we can ask Bryan. He seems like a straight shooter. I've never gotten anything from him but thoughtful and informative answers. He gave us the royal tour at the CV convention.

gino do you think that if other Baker derived helmets really do have the C-scar and this helmet does not have it, that perhaps the mould has changed thru the 35 years, or else it's a different mould? Or are you suggesting that every single person who claims the C-scar was in the Baker mould when they pulled from it lied and added it to their respective helmets? I'm unclear on the point you are making???

edited, thank you for the reply about your C-scar opinion gino. Noted!!!!

Qui, you are right about one thing, this eFX helmet is a beauty and anyone who was fortunate enough to own it has quite a trophy in their collection. :)

Dave

Pictures have been shown of this area in the past for anyone who'd care to pay attention being on too many casts to be an added feature.

Have fun Gino.

Or are you suggesting that every single person who claims the C-scar was in the Baker mould when they pulled from it lied and added it to their respective helmets?

I think it's more likely that they think they are seeing something that resembles a c-scar when it's not actually the c-scar.
Now for those saying it's prominent or raised, then I'm saying their casting has been tampered with.

I disagree completely.
If it appears on your castings, it was added in by the vendor.
I am not surprised that the vendor does not want this area to be looked at closely.

OK we can agree to disagree on this :lol

The three faceplates I have are from three separate vendors. The c scar is present on both the UK and US casts.

All the vendors are from different countries. All released at different times over years.

One of the vendors has no interest in Star Wars or Vader and has nothing to do with the replica prop community. He was just in the right place at the right time when he got a Vader cast whilst doing a job as he works in the UK TV and film industry.

All the C scars on the faceplates match up with each other although they all vary in how much of the C scar remains.

I just cannot believe these items have been added.

Again I am not on the forum to argue about Vader I am just confused that somebody like yourself who has so much Vader knowledge can come to the conclusion that the C scar is not a raised physical feature.

Cheers Chris

Qui, please re-read everyone's posts. They are respectfully patting the guy on the back for his tremendous skills, or are respectfully disagreeing with specific points he is making............or respectfully asking questions about his "facts". None of this is foul territory considering we are comparing the best of the best vader helmets to one another, trying to decide what is what.

Let's just drop the whole disrespectful to eFX shenanigans........its moot. They are all sold out and we cannot buy either version now. They made a hell of a helmet at a hell of a price. That is my OPINION. That may not apply to all concerned. These helmets were not for everyone. Nothing being sold in a free market is!

For what it's worth, it's none of your business whether I am buying any or none of these helmets. If I find the TRUTH, I may purchase any or all of these helmets. That is what this forum is all about. That is what this thread is all about. This thread is about our holy grail of Star Wars props.

If you can read intent from a posted question Qui, you are a very talented man. One that should go to Vegas every single weekend!!!!

Now back to the eFX helmet.

gino, do you have pictures of the moulds that you could share with the RPF??? Perhaps we can ask Bryan. He seems like a straight shooter. I've never gotten anything from him but thoughtful and informative answers. He gave us the royal tour at the CV convention.

gino do you think that if other Baker derived helmets really do have the C-scar and this helmet does not have it, that perhaps the mould has changed thru the 35 years, or else it's a different mould? Or are you suggesting that every single person who claims the C-scar was in the Baker mould when they pulled from it lied and added it to their respective helmets? I'm unclear on the point you are making???

Qui, you are right about one thing, this eFX helmet is a beauty and anyone who was fortunate enough to own it has quite a trophy in their collection. :)

Dave
While I agree it is not My business were I to ask, but since you have been quick to say you are NOT interested in buying one quite publicly, you have made it ALL of our business. Of course, I do not expect you to see it as being disrespectful since you are asking these pointed questions, but you are.

Now to the helmet, I would wager people who have actually seen the mold, seen what the inside of the mold looks like, seen what a facemask and dome look like pulled from the mold would know more than you, I, or anyone else who has not. Simply handling a helmet pulled from the mold does not give you insight into the crafting process. You do not know what happened between the time it was pulled and the time it was offered up for sale.

As for the search for "truth", well...you have already been given the answers. Just because they do not mesh with your version of the truth does not make them any less true. This is the helmet from the Baker molds. This is what LFL has authorized and allowed eFX to take GREAT CARE in crafting. Not some rush job where the piece is snuck out before anyone is the wiser and offered up on eBay for thousands of dollars. You ask the same questions and have been consistently getting the same answers.

gino, you could easily dispell this "rumor" of the C-scar if you show the inside of that Baker mould to us. It would at least tell us if the mould you saw is the same as all the other Baker derived or other screen derived castings.

Qui, none of my questions have been fully answered. I got answers, but only physical research will truly answer my questions. My questions are simply a starting point. Every educational endeavor has a starting point.

I get the feeling that you dislike me and that your hatred for me is painting my questions in an unfavorable light where you are concerned. gino has answered my questions and doesn't appear to be threatened by them. You certainly consider him the expert, so I am going straight to the horse's mouth (I'll bet you thought I was gonna say something else didn't you?)

gino is the only RPFer to see the eFX mould and is therefore the only qualified person to answer my questions. Qui, you on the other hand, are berating me for asking the questions, rather than just allowing gino to answer. You should hold off replying to anything I post if you don't truly want to know the answers. I wasn't directing the questions to you anyway. Peace brother,

Dave :)

Last edited:
Once again you lazy ******* can't post pics for proof. Lets face the fact. You guys have been ****ting on this helmet from the begining and have been shown to be less than experts and now that all the BS you guys tried to push has been shown to be crap you are moving on to bitching about something else, again. Now it's the paint. Trying to say the scar is nice while saying Gino is lying about it being paint and not a defect. Your intentions are thinly veiled and noone hear believes crap. Post your pics with proof or STFU.

gino, you could easily dispell this "rumor" of the C-scar if you show the inside of that Baker mould to us.

Likewise. As you so love to say, put up or shut up.
I'd say I'm waiting for a pic but I already know not one of you has the nuts to post anything.

Still carried over into casts from the molds made from the original. It's a clear paint flake, like is seen on trooper helmets... and those details are preserved when molding from the outside.

I'm sorry, but this is just laughable.

Last edited:
There's a reason we'll never see one of you post a pic of this area and it's not because you think someone is going to fudge it into their replica.

If there is someone out there who would actually do this, fudge a detail just to fake it, they need to seek professional help.

If there is someone out there who would actually do this, fudge a detail just to fake it, they need to seek professional help.

Unfortunately Mic, there are.
But not to worry, such minutiae cannot accurately be fudged and is easy to spot.
This is the BS excuse we get from the ones as to why they won't show that area.

This is all baiting so Gino will show the "experts" his reference so they can feel like they are on his informational level. Gino has pics you guys want and he won't give them up.

This has been posted before. I'll check if I can post something clearer. You can say it's an added feature, sure... but on so many helmets, from so many makers? A detail appearing on more than 1 Baker mold cast. Where's the logic in that?

TMvsOriginal2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back