eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

Is there a projected release date on this?

The eFX ANH TIE was announced as a project what seemed like an age ago and it still isn't released.

Just wondering on how much saving up time I have if this product is up to scratch.

Chris

On that note they announced the postponment of the Obi Wan reveal lightsaber but did announce the ROTJ Luke reveal Lightsaber. Sorry, cant remember what they are called

Guys, I bet we'll have all our questions answered in 2 weeks at SDCC.

I'll be there, sorry if you're not going !

GINO, Jez, and all other RPF'ers working on this- I'm excited. I just need to know when the preorder is and how much it is.

Damn, just when I think I am out they pull me back in. :love

If Gino would have said who all else worked on it... you would get mad at him for not letting the others speak for themselves...

I'm glad others are chiming in and to know that it's a real group effort. The more sets of eyes and minds we have on this the better!

This is sounding great!

I would not imagine this as some huge RPF effort. More like one or two people, tops. We know what Gino said his role is, clean up of the master. I'm curious as to where Jez and anyone else fits in, since he has made us all curious now.

If Gino is invloved, does that mean if I buy one, I can't tell anybody and you just have to believe I have one?

No, Mic, it means that in a couple days all posts and pages dealing with the helmet will be replaced with "..."

Here we go....it's been a awhile since we've had a 20 page knock down Vader thread.....bring it!:love

Seriously though...big kudos to those involved from our little fam here. At least a licensed company will have valuable input to get it as authentic a lid as they can for the masses. I think I'll start bringing back my empties in order to save up for this one.

I havnt sifted through this whole thread, but I never knew Rick Baker cast the original? I thought he had only been brought on board SW to beef up the Cantina footage?

Or do I need to go reread my making of SW book(And the entire library of starlogs in my basement)

Not holding my breath on this one. Too many variables that LFL/eFx can alter to sell to the masses. My bet is that 99% of us will still end up asking WTF????....so close yet soooo far away!!!!! Even if hand painted, it can still be idealized. Combine that with the retail price. Just not holding my breath. Peace,

Dave :)

I have high hopes for this helmet. And if Gino is working on it that tells me eFX has the right idea.
Because nobody will sell me a fan Vader casting with all the lumps and bumps in it, a cleaned up helmet of the right size and shape sounds good to me. Certainly I'd rather that than a GH or SPFX.... This might be my first licensed replica.

I have a question about a vader helmet being offered elsewhere that has nothing to do with the eFX lid.

Can someone PM me so that I can ask about it? thanks in advance

This is promising news. I am excited they are offering a choice in the finish of the helmet. I am honestly torn between wanting the brushed or sprayed finish. I am worried what the final paint job will look like on the brushed version, since it will be done in a factory and not an artist's studios. Unless someone from here is hand painting each one themselves.

For me this is probably the most exciting liscenced replica news ever. Not just because of the subject but also the pedigree of where it's coming from.Sure it'll be a little cleaned but you can't have warts on a liscenced product,it just doesn't work plus I have a fan helmet for that.As long as the geometry is correct it'll be awsome.I hope this makes liscencing history and a home in my collection.Good one EFX and those involved.

Last edited:

Awesome news! This will be THE HELMET! But 2 variants of the helmet? The most accurate one will be in even more limited edition? But for accuracy i think most will want the hand painted version - as I would too

Let's hope it won't be similar cleanup to the unproduced Don Post ANH. :)

But yeah, seeing as it is coming from the Baker mold... I would clean it up too and get rid of that filler that was added at several points.

Interested to see this! I wonder how they'll be attaching the dome to the facemask?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back