eFX A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: eFX ANH Vader?!?! WOW

I want mine all black because Vader is, well, black.

Question:

I know the OT helmets like the back of my hand. Better in fact as I never really studied the back of my hand but I never looked hard at the ROTS helmet being an OT fan only

MR Boba Fett-Inaccurate

Sideshow Reveal Vader- Inaccurate by Sideshow's own admission.

How is MR's ROTS Vader compared to the screen used one???????

Well said but you and I know there will be great gnashing of teeth and foul cries when the cleaned up version is releashed! :lol

You simply can't make a mass produced piece that is going to perfectly mimic a hand finished helmet, so I am not sure why some of you are setting yourself up for a disappointment. At the very least, a lot of mid range collectors and regular Joe's should have an item that is light years ahead of anything that has been available to them commercially before.

My point was that you have been here a hot minute and you are talking like you have been here forever, or before.

Sorry, I am very tired and maybe misunderstanding. I thought I was agreeing with you. Maybe I am not understanding.

Anywho I don't want to argue especially with someone I am agreeing with.

I was here years ago and have been on other boards for years. When I say we I'm not just talking about here on this board but the prop community as a whole.

Anywho I'm not interested in arguements. As I said I was agreeing with you.

Exactly my thoughts Art.

I bought the MR Boba and was very satisfied and until something better comes along that is available to me I am still very happy.

Even if this Vader doesn't have the scuffs, scrapes, dings and paint runs a purist craves as long as it has 'THE LOOK' of Vader and is well manufactured it will satisfy most Vader fans.

I don't expect this to be anything like one of the higher end fan mades but it should still be good.

I for one am looking forward to more pics and progress.

Chris

Totally agreed.

As long as they don't structurally alter the cast, I have no problem with eFX removing nicks and drips....I have my fan mades for that. I'm cautiously optimistic for this one.:thumbsup

Hey Vader fans!
I've been fortunate enough to be involved with this project from the beginning and I can say with full confidence that 99% of the hardcore Vader fans will be very pleased.
Why am I so confident? Because I'm working on it of course. :lol
I'm totally just kidding. :)
Seriously though, here's why.
I can't think of any other helmet in SW licensed replica history (besides the MR ROTS Vader) that has this level of pedigree and this clear of lineage.
eFx was given access to the 1977/78 Rick Baker mold that resides in the LFL archives to create a master pattern that will be used in the production of these replicas. Not just photos, not a laser scan, but an actual physical casting out of a silicone mold!
This is pretty special as far as licensed pieces are concerned.
As far as the master pattern goes, I can assure you, only MINIMAL clean up was performed. Most of you guys know how particular I am when it comes to this.
In other words, all the physical features of the original helmet will be present with the exception of some of the minor topical blemishes.
While the fanatics like myself and a handful of others may like to see that level of minutiae on our personal replicas, they simply would not fly for the greater majority of consumers.
Rest assured, I cleaned up ONLY what was absolutely necessary. The master pattern is EXTREMELY close to the screen used helmet. You will love it.

In addition, eFX intends on producing two versions of this helmet. One with an idealized paint job (i.e. painted with a spray gun) and a limited edition version with a super screen accurate hand brush painted paint job.
How sweet is that?!
I think it is super cool of eFX that they are willing to bring a replica with this level of accuracy to market. It is clear that they doing their best to cater to as many people as possible while making as few compromises as possible.

You'll see painted prototypes of both versions for Comic Con.
Finally, a respectable ANH Vader helmet replica will be available to the masses.

Last edited:

Cool that they got someone so passionate about Vaders to help out Gino. I have high hopes for this after seeing your post.

Did they contact you because of your work on here, ie: they heard about you because they read the many RPF vader posts? If the answer is yes, it is great that they are taking notice of the expertise and hard core fans on this forum.

Joe

If they're going to paint a number of them hand brushed, then I would see no reason to remove the topical blemishes from those.

The people buying the hand bushed would more than likely want those blemishes as well I would think.

I would, anyway. Wait and see, I guess...

If they are doing two additions, they would just save the money on making two sets of castings from the same mold and brush paint the others. That is just my opinion.

I think I just peed a little...

:confused

:eek

:love

OMG Gino you FINALLY got some well deserved respect and attention from a liscensed company on something SW... ESPECIALLY Vader!

Congrats and thank you.

This will DEFFINATELY be my first liscensed helmet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back