UPATE, JUST MISSED OUT ON ONE: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Moviefreak

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
THE QUEST IS OVER: Toy Box Inc. 1970's Glow in the dark space sword

Maybe someone can help me out with identifying this Star Wars Toy Sword.

I got a toy back in Kindergarden. It was a cheap plastic "lightsaber" toy. It was hollow plastic, injected mold plastic most likely, and it glowed in the dark. It wasn't realy lightsaber in shape, it was more of a real sword shape.

I cannot recall for sure, but I thought it was a legit Star Wars brand toy. I thought it had a plastic shrink wrapped logo and illustration around the handle. That lasted about a week before it slid off and i played with the glowing sword.

Anyone know what that might have been?

Last edited:
Re: Trying to Identify a Star Wars Toy

I had one of those, it's still around somewhere. Damn if it's worth $150, it's glow in the dark plastic for cryin' out loud!

I had one of those, it's still around somewhere. Damn if it's worth $150, it's glow in the dark plastic for cryin' out loud!

I don't think it is worth that, lol. I want one, but I am not dropping that. I just want one since it will be sentimental to me. My Grandparents bought it for me... and they are long gone. I will keep looking on Ebay and hopefully score one cheap. $150.00.... THEY ARE OUT OF THIER MINDS!!!!!:lol:sick

Holy cow, my brother and I had that same sword! I still have mine, and I think I have his too. A little worse for wear but they still glow. The shrink wrapped cover is there but all of the text and color are long gone.

Man, everyone was trying to horn in on the Star Wars action.

I had one of these. I cut it apart just a few years ago for materials. Half of the handle is used as a reflector behind a Star Wars film cell on the wall, only because I wanted a whitish half cylinder.

There was also a GITD shield that could be bought with/for it. It had a hole in it that acted as a sheath. Additionally, there was a helmet, but I don't recall there being a GITD version of the helmet. I had the sword and a black version of the helm.

Remember the shield you could buy with it?
SHIELD.jpg

ResizeofRotationofIMG_6104.jpg

i had the set - Star Wars really did bring on the space toys.

I cannot believe it will be almost a year and I still have not located one of these. :(
What a sentimental item to actually get me hands on.

I found mine last week and thought of this thread. I didn't think it made it in the move to this house, but it is here. The black band on the handle is almost completely faded out, but it it still there.

Last edited:

I had one of these when I was a kid. I used to play withi t all of the time. I think it got thown away at some point when I got older because it was pretty beat up.

Crazy how many of us had it, I had one too. Totally forgot about it until seeing this thread. Mine, plastic split apart where blade met handle. Was the coolest thing though!

Tim

Crazy how many of us had it, I had one too. Totally forgot about it until seeing this thread. Mine, plastic split apart where blade met handle. Was the coolest thing though!

Tim

That was the demise of mine as well. Once the handle broke from the blade, it was considered trash by my mother. I still recall the day she bagged it up to trash it, lol. I had a friend over who asked if he could have it to make something with it.... And then it was gone :(

I found mine last week and thought of this thread. I didn't think it made it in the move to this house, but it is here. The black band on the handle is almost completely faded out, but it it still there.

Awesome!! That is one cool sword :)

Holy Cow! I knew exactly what you meant as I read your initial post as I had one too. I think I know where it might be.; I'll be rushing home and heading right to the garage to dig through the boxes of stuff my parents had packed away for me.

Holy Cow! I knew exactly what you meant as I read your initial post as I had one too. I think I know where it might be.; I'll be rushing home and heading right to the garage to dig through the boxes of stuff my parents had packed away for me.

Same here. Knew EXACTLY which one you meant.

Mine didn't last long - kept hitting it against trees and stuff and benmt in half.

Being the Star Wars nerd that I was (and am) I was SO upset with my parents for getitng me this since I knew it was a cheap knock-off instead of the more expensive official Star Wars light sabre that whistled as you swung it.

Post a photo if you do find it :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back